2004 Ford Freestar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:
We Love the Freestar
By brucef on 10/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Freestar SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This is my favorite car since my 98 Volvo V70 wagon. Design and driving wise it reminds me alot of the V70. It has a great ride quality (but not car like), very very comfortable seating (1st and 2nd row), steering and brakes have excellent feel and the handling is flat and taut. Interior design is clean looking and the exterior is clean and handsome (I've had a surpising number of comments on it). It is very quiet and the 3.9 liter is quite smooth and quite (no truck-like droning here). The transmission shifting is almost unnoticable...like the V70. Like the base engine in the V70 the 3.9 is adequate, not overpowered but with a flawless character. The upperend stereo sound is quite good.

Freestar vs Windstar 99
By Boo Boo 99 on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Freestar SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I owned a Windstar and loved it. Got rid of it because the transmission started to go. So I bought a Freestar SE for 16,500. The interior is more refined and it handles better on the road. The engine is quieter and the transmission much smoother. Bought the ext warranty. The SE model comes with the smaller engine. Acceleration is horrible compared to my old Windstar LX which had the larger V6. For that reason only get the upgraded FreeStar with the bigger engine. I am not excited about the Freestar but it beats 24,000 for an Honda Oddessy. If you can stand the acceleration the freestar is a bargin

perfect
By slotlady on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Freestar SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Love the room -the handle-the speed color-interior and outside interior-

A Beauty
By Corn Girl on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Freestar Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my 2000 Windstar for a 2004 Freestar and I am glad I did. I like this van so much that I can live in it! It is a pleasure to drive and I am pleased with the van's performance. Even my husband is looking forward to take this van on a road trip. I tried the Sienna and Odessey and there is no comparison, especially with the sporty exterior. Great job FORD!! If your in the market for a van do as the slogan says: "Have you looked at a FORD lately? Look again!" I am a satisfied owner and you will be too.

No problems
By brett65 on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Freestar Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Nice ride, reliable transportation. No problems in 7 months and 6000 miles. Owned a Nissan Quest twice previously and the Freestar is every bit as good and better on some features.

Nice Van
By boa49 on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Freestar SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought this vehicle, but I love it! Fuel economy could be better, but otherwise it is perfect for my needs and I got it for much less than the competition due to the included rebates and my company's Ford Partner X-plan.

Much better than Windstar
By Jimw0709 on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Freestar SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Much improved under the skin--don't let the exterior fool you---this is far different minivan.

great van
By schnoopy on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Freestar Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

quiet nice ride a great van a big improvment over the winstar

Worth the money, Check it out!
By K. Bartley on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Freestar SES 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Debated for 3 months over Ford, Honda and Toyota. I am VERY happy I bought this. With rebates MUCH cheaper than both and great value for the money. I know Honda and Toyota keep their value better, but this van is awesome. I own a Honda so I know about reliability. I have heard horror stories about all cars so I went with what I believe is the best value. I have the DVD, Quad buckets, power pedals, cargo net and Red paint. My wife still can't believe we own a van now but even she admits it's nice. Bottom line for us. $5K cheaper and same warranty. Doubt anything will happen to cost us $5K in repairs before warranty runs out so here we are. A GREAT VAN!

disappointed
By hey you on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Freestar SES 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have only test driven a Freestar. I have a 1992 Aerostar XL. I hate to get rid of it. The Freestar dash design is excellent and the seating seems good. I have owned many Fords and they have generally been good for me. I have decided against the Freestar because I cannot put a 4x8 sheet of plywood in it. Ford in their infinite wisdom shrunk the interior width. I guess I have to save a little longer and get a Sienna which is not as good inside.