2013 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Love/hate relationship

2013 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Review

Love/hate relationship
By monkeymademe on

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car mainly because I have always owned Fords and they have always been reliable. As far as getting me where I need to go, this car is reliable. I have a love/hate relationship with my car mainly because some days it will run exceptionally smooth and some days it sounds like the wheels are going to fall off and it shakes like the transmission is going to fall out. I have heard the whole "give it a few hundred miles" speech, and well, I have given it 8,000 with no change. It's mostly when I pull out, slow down and pick up speed again, or go up a steep hill that the transmission feels like its going to kick the bucket. But when it runs smooth, it runs smooth.

The interior design, sync capabilities (I can listen to pandora). Pretty car.

Seats are terribly uncomfortable, and should be power. Hate that I can't roll windows up after car has been turned off, even my 99 Ford could do that. Transmission is a real issue, someone is going to get t-boned.
By animasterson
on 06/14/14 12:57 PM (PDT)

This is EXACTLY like my 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback!!!! Mine rolls backwards on hills in SF. Today my 3 year old was able to open the rear passenger door while driving 45 mph down the road!!!! It only has one lock/unlock button in the car and it was showing in the locked position!!!! I do not trust this car at all anymore!!!!