2012 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Thumbs up and down

2012 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

2012 Ford Focus

SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. FFV 5-speed Manual)

Thumbs up and down
By andie333 on

2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a car with excellent mpg for a long commute to work, and I bought the Focus hatch with manual trans. That was 6000 miles ago.So far, I've got mixed feelings about it. First, the good stuff: Car has the smoothest manual tran ever.

Seats are comfortable, and cabin seems basic with a relatively intuitive dash and controls.
It's slow to get up to speed, but holds consistently. maneuvering is tight and pretty nimble.
My biggest disappointment so far has been with the car's mileage. only about 29. Weird cabin whir w windows open.

extremely smooth manual transmission comfortable seats decent cabin layout solid drive

Disappointing mpg weird interior cabin whir with windows open only mediocre sound system for basic model

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By redheaddo
on 12/03/11 13:18 PM (PST)

I had very a very loud whistling noise when driving, the faster I drove the louder it got, especially on the passenger side. I couldn't stand to have the window open. My boyfriend is an engineer, he sat there while I drove down the highway to figure out what was causing it. He discovered it was coming from the side mirror. I took it to the dealership, they had it most of a day.... but fixed it. The signal light insert was not installed correctly. It's quiet as can be now.