2010 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
focus ses
By hank on 06/14/10 20:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We just bought a 2010 Focus SES. Mileage is over 40 mpg on a flat highway, about 36 on hilly highways, about 28 - 30 around town. We like the style especially the moon roof and spoiler. It is more comfortable to drive than the Cobalt and has more back leg room. Trunk space is more than we need. It was delivered in excellent condition. The warranty will cover it for as long as we own it. GM talks about a 100K mile warranty but that is only good if you drive 20K miles/year, which we won't. We are more than satisfied with our new Focus.

Interior doesn't make up for bad drive
By Relyat08 on 06/06/10 07:21 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Straight off the lot I realized I had made a mistake. I had hoped Ford could pull off a good car, just this once, but instead I drove off in a lemon. Ever since the purchase I have gotten awful gas mileage, slow and sluggish acceleration, poor handling and all in all a horrible drive. I am sure that a properly made Focus would be fine but mine is constantly having problems. Most recently my sync just stopped working randomly in the middle of a song and switched to AM radio. I never touched a thing. I cringe at the gas station when I get 20 MPG! While driving conservatively. If I was flooring it everywhere I would understand, but I am barely keeping up with traffic and this is what I get.

Loaded interior, but a lemon engine
By features, but slow on 05/26/10 08:28 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have only owned this for 2 weeks and I love all of the features. SYNC, USB port, Aux, its great. It also looks pretty good on the outside with the gunmetal rims and the tinted lights. Driving though, is awful. The car is hideously slow. My last car was a Honda Civic and it was nothing special but it had no effort performing regular acceleration. My Focus though, seems to struggle to keep up with traffic and it takes a lot of gas just to maintain speed. They claim average MPG around 28, but driving just normally I am getting 24 or worse. I got 14 seconds on my 0-60 run! they claim 8.5. Did I buy a lemon? For a car with only 2800 miles on it, I don't see how it is performing so poorly.

First Time Buyer
By Mike on 05/24/10 09:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Needing a car for a 50 mile commute daily, I scoured the market and landed on this beauty. I am impressed with the fuel economy, the price but most of all, the reliability. Got this car for $11,700 after much debate. Ford has greatly improved their cars and I will be buying another Ford once this ones life is complete. I compared this to an Hyundai Accent and Kia Forte, which were roughly more but felt amazingly cheap and poorly built. You will not be disappointed with this car.

Focus SES gets poor gas mileage
By Cruiser11 on 05/19/10 11:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have over 1,700 miles on my new Ford Focus SES since I bought it in January 2010. I drive almost all city miles (San Francisco), and I am averaging 12.88 mpg which equals about 175 miles per tank. I love the car, but am not happy with the gas mileage. I traded an Infinity G35 sedan for the Focus, and I got better city MPG with the Infinity! Also only certain phones work with the Sync System.

Great Purchase
By Casey on 05/14/10 13:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2010 Focus SES Sedan w/Auto trans for over a month now. Fully loaded with sunroof, sub woofer, etc. I have put on 2600 miles and have averaged 30 mpg combined city/highway. Downsized from an 07' F150 and couldnt be happier with the purchase. Ride quality is good even with the 17 inch wheels. It not soft but not harsh. Its a fun car to drive but is obviously not fast with 130 (CA) HP haha. Cruises at 60-75 mph just great tho! Im psycho with rattles and this car has none... VERY SOLID car. I looked at Civic, Camry, etc and for the money, the SES could not be beat. My insurance went down $50 a month from my truck and spending $35 to fill up the SES from empty is GREAT!

So far so good
By Matt on 05/11/10 09:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Greatest Car I have owned yet. I am a reletively young auto owner. I have owned a 2000 Mercury Sable, 2000 VW Jetta, a 2007 Ford Focus SES, and now my 2010 focus ses. It has been nothing but a joy to own. Looks great in black, ford did a great job in the outter accents on the ses model. Interior adds sense of sophistication which is hard to come by in a compact sedan. Black leather, ambient lighting, and icy blue display is a great touch as well. Not the greatest acceleration but gets the job done. Handling is less tight than I expected, was hoping for something a bit stiffer.

Best Kept secret
By dsmguy2009 on 05/10/10 19:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is truely the best kept secret in the car market. Fully loaded the sticker was 21k, with the 3000 rebate and dealer going down I got it for 17k. This car has it all, the SYNC system is awesome, the heated leather seats are amazing. For driving cars that cost twice as much in the past I am really happy with it. It is really at least worth checking out if you are in the market for a small car. You will probably fall in love with it like I did. To be honest I never even noticed them before I had one!

Excellent value for your money!
By Alex on 05/07/10 14:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

2010 Ford Focus is simply excellent choice for a buyer on a budget. Before buying it, I have checked Chevrolet, KIA, Hyundai dealers and let me tell you, nothing even come close in $13,000.00 - $18,000.00 price range. Give it a try and you'll LOVE it.

Quality Finally Is Job One
By David Hess on 05/04/10 19:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The last time I owned a Ford was 15 years ago. The quality was so bad, I swore that I would never buy another one. Have things ever changed! I have driven this car for 3500 miles and have not had even the slightest problem. It is well built and comfortable. Acceleration is fine with the 5 speed. I have averaged 31 mpg in mostly city driving. My best tank (mostly highway driving) was 38 mpg. This car exudes quality!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Focus Sedan in VA is:

$132 per month*