2010 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Go kart handling, go kart fit and finish.
By mitsu3kgto on 11/12/13 07:06 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for a cheap fuel savvy commuter and it was just that. I've had the car from new and now have 70,000 miles on it. It has never broken down and I have averaged 30mpg during my ownership. I drive this car extremely rough and demand a lot more out of it than it can really put up with, so for that it wins some points. I bought this car knowing I wouldn't have it for life, I changed the oil every 10,000 miles. The original brakes were terrible and vibrated from the beginning so I swapped them out, as with the tires that wore out at 20k and were god awful in the rain. I slapped some expensive tires on and it made the car much better overall.

Like it but it chews up tires
By frodo922 on 10/08/12 18:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car new in 2010 and have averaged 39.5 mpg for the 50K miles it's been driven (about 38mpg during the summer with the air on). I bought it for the mileage and features, which I'm satisfied with, but the tire noise and constant rotation is a pain. I just noticed that my drivers side front tire has worn bald on the inside and taking it in for new front tires. After every rotation, the tire noise got a little worse. There is a class action law suit in Calf. for this problem.

Best Deal for the price
By newman88 on 09/13/12 09:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This Car will not blow you away with it's outrageous performance or upscale interior, but for the money this is the best car I have ever had, I am very impressed with just about everything. It's a compact so performance, comfort, and features aren't the top of the line but bang for the buck is exceptional

Love this car!
By dizzylizard444 on 05/01/12 09:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! I bought it brand new almost 3 years ago. The only trouble I have found with it is that if you get into the car with snowy boots on (live in Buffalo) and the mats get wet and you turn on the heater, sometimes it fogs up the windows. Did it once when I was on the highway! Very scary! I took it to Ford and they told me they had had similar complaints and it has to do with the angle of the heaters. Other than that I love this car. *knock on wood* haven't had a problem with it.

Surprisingly Great Little Car!
By red84 on 06/09/11 20:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car a year and a half ago as a company vehicle. I chose it over the Corolla because of all the problems Toyota was having at the time with the accelerator issues, and I wanted to buy an American made car. It had 327mi on it when I got it. Well, 1.5 yrs, 37,000 miles later, no problems whatsoever. I had never owned a Ford before and am pleasantly surprised with the quality. I drive on average 120mi a day for work, sometimes more, sometimes less. During the winter I was getting upwards of 38mpg! The only complaint I have is that I hit a big pothole and now the front end squeaks on turns. I would recommend this car to anyone. I would buy a Ford again.

I might buy another Ford....
By tait1977 on 03/17/11 10:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have had my 2010 Ford Focus for 5 months. the car set for a week and wouldn't start. charged batt and started. 4 days later sitting died again. took it to Ford and they found nothing. dont trust car to sit now for an extended period of time.

Paint Falls Off
By fordbuster on 03/07/11 12:16 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

See comments in here. Great car mechanically. very good winter traction with traction control. Very happy mechanically but one big problem. Paint under rear doors, and in door frames ( rear ), some in wheel well, also bumpers- all have lifted or peeled. Asked dealer about it at under 60k- said could not do anything unless there were holes. Manual said otherwise as I found out later. It could have been fixed. Neither the dealer in Collingwood, Ontario or Ford would help. Just the usual comments- you know. Too bad, otherwise a great car. Maybe the Chineese can figure out how to make paint stick in Canadian Winters on my next purchase. Wake up Ford! Currently, you are 1st in sales Canada????

Lemon!...Electrical Troubles...
By frustrated84 on 02/08/11 20:34 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 1st car I've purchased and believe me,I will never buy another Ford.The car was great for the first year,then started having electrical troubles.This only happened on cold mornings and would go away after a minute or up to 15 minutes but the radio wouldn't work,the signal light indicators in the car didn't work,no backlighting came on,the doors didn't lock automatically,the tire pressure monitor light came on,and the e-brake light stayed on after being disengaged.The dealership has been unable to diagnose or fix the problem.Already had a new instrument cluster,radio,and smart junction box installed...rental car for 45 days. In the process of getting Ford to buy the car back.

Great car so far!
By leah421 on 01/05/11 18:54 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2010 Ford Focus for about 4 months now, and have put about 4,000 miles on it. So far, I have had absolutely NO problems. I get compliments on this car, and feel safe and stable in it while driving. I can fill up with $30.00!

Holds no value
By JAYBOY8801 on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Hi Focus owners, I bought this 2010 focus in April i down sized from a trailblazer to a car to save money on fuel. I like the car and knew i was going to lose a lot by dropping to a econo car but i did not know after paying 22,grand for a equipped focus in 8 months time it would only hold a Value just at 9 grand the whole better resale value that Toyota is truly crap. if you buy a focus you better plan to keep it until it dies

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Focus Sedan in VA is:

$124 per month*