Used 2010 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Good car
By Caymro

2010 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Horrible seats and SYNC sucks. Drive train great. Fender benders cause not much damge to body but a lot to other cars.

360,000km
By dsantin

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall excellent fun durable reliable car. Good in snow, MPG, comfortable, features like manual / heated seats-mirrors, tilt steering, traction control that were hard to get at this price with others. It still runs so well but I look after it. I do some rough back roads in snow as well. It has been very inexpensive to maintain and runs very well at 360,000 kms. I think I will see 500k. Only weak and sore point was paint coming off at C-pillar and rocker panels ( like most others I see ) that began at only 62k

Love my '10 SE
By mdmiddleton

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I know car magazines love to hate this car but I don't get it. Bought my '10 in '11 as a cheap gas saver and i've been very happy with it.

The 2.0 4 cylinder isn't crazily fast but it easily keeps up to speed on the highway and averages 34/35 mpg.

I'd like it to have another gear and be a bit
quieter but overall this is a great car for the money. I take it toi the dealer for the recommended 7.5k services and it's never cost me more than $45.

I'll just keep rolling on...

O-K until transmission went out
By wvnurse

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Focus as a used car with 20k miles. Tires were not so hot so replaced them. I drive 100-150 miles daily & needed
good fuel economy. It gets about 30-35 on highway & much less in town. Have not had much difficulty until the transmission went out at 93,000 miles. Oil changes & check ups are done on time by the dealer's service department. The dealer has had it since March 17 tried 3 transmissions which were not good and is still looking for one. I authorized a new one but for some reason the dealer's service department is balking on it. Getting close to 2 months with no replacement to be found. Thinking about just giving it to the dealer & getting a Toyota.

Sync is great, heated leather in the winter is a plus but replacing tires even with high performance is a bit costly.

The warranty sucks. Come on Ford, stand behind your product.

4 years, 112,000 miles and still going strong
By afcarr

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for a daily 132 mile round trip commute. This car was on my short list because it is one of few in the category that I can fit into easily - 6'2" and 210 pounds.
I average 36 mpg overall - a little worse in the summer running AC all the time.
Comfort is acceptable for a 2 hour commute.
Leather and heated seats are pluses for comfort in winter. I do not like SYNC as it does not work with my cellphone.
I have had only 1 warranty repair - a head gasket at about 80K miles.
At 4 plus years the car looks and drives like new.
It is no beauty, but I can live with it for the long run.

Mileage, heated seats, headroom, reliability

SYNC stinks, better road noise isolation, upgrade sound system