Its an OK car
By ss2ray on
2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I have been driving an 09 Focus for sometime now. I own both a Chevy and Ford, and thought this would be a good car to run around town in and commute with. I thought one of these cheap eco/gas freindly car, would be a good idea. I am re-thinking this concept. What you gain in MPGs, you loose in comfort, power, peace of mind, etc. I would only recommend this car commuter car, if you can tolerate the road noise. It is noisy! The road noise is horrid, the brakes are soft and slow to respond. We had to drive this car from NC to El Paso, Texas. It was the most uncomfortable ride ever. Look elsewhere if you want to feel and be more comfortable, its worth trading the MPGs for a few $'s.
Favorite Features
No real favorites, great for running to walmarts and not worrying if it gets banged up by others.
Suggested Improvements
Sound proofing the car from all the road noise. Tighten the steering. More responsive brakes.
By dpf85
on 07/18/12 18:42 PM (PDT)

What a coincidence, I also drove my 2009 Focus from NC (Greensboro) to El Paso, where I am stationed at. I have made that same trip in an Explorer, Wrangler, and Caddy (I like buying new cars, what can I say.) The Focus for me was quite comfy actually, and I don't have any road-noise issues. Sorry you had a bad experience tho.