2008 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Excellent value

2008 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Review

Excellent value
By george on

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We recently had to buy a new car for my wife to drive to work - about 50 miles per day, round trip. Due to Ford incentives I saved $2500 off sticker I paid $13,733 for an S version with automatic, ABS with traction control and, if you can believe this, a spare tire ($60.00). The sticker was $16,255. One savings was a $1000 "Conquest Rebate". That's given to people who own cars from competing brands. We own an 06 Corolla so we got it. Toyota had basically no incentives and a comparably equipped Corolla was going to cost me more like $15,900. A comparably equipped Civic was going to cost more than the Corolla.

Favorite Features

High seating position for driver and passenger - giving more leg room. Excellent performance. Performance is better than our Corolla, and the car is more comfortable than a Civic. No back seat headrests which obscure the rear view in our Corolla - a lot.

Suggested Improvements

Inside trunk release. Option for power locks or even standard. You can't find a car of any brand with power locks but crank windows. My wife really does not like power windows. The new Focus replaced a 96 Escort that DID have power locks & crank windows.