Used 2007 Ford Focus ZXW SE Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

I love my Focus
By cseaman

2007 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Escort wagon with 120,000 then I got a 2001 Focus wagon it had some problems. I was hit drivers side and the car came through for me I survived! Built Ford Tuff! So I searched and bought a 2007 left over wagon. I wish Ford did not stop making the wagons as I can fit two teenagers, and 3 dogs in it. It is the best car for the buck and mileage!

Favorite Features

The car is tuff it now has 172,000 miles on it and it is always there for me. Just tires, oil changes, battery and give it loving care. My children just started driving and we just bought a used 2007 Focus, it survived a rear end collision! Now I am off to buy another Focus!

Suggested Improvements

I upgraded the tires to Michelin or Perrillis at different times and they are the best in rain or snow. The car needs an upgraded sound system.

Good Car For The Money
By SAXTRAIN

2007 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I find the Focus wagon to be just about the right size for all my needs. It can carry 5 passengers, though the back seat might be a little cramped for large people. With the back seat folded down, it can carry a surprisely big load. It handles nicely in all traffic situations. It has plenty of get-up and go. Merging into expressway traffic is no problem at all. At highway speeds (I tend to have a heavy foot) I average about 32mpg.

Favorite Features

I guess my favorite feature is the amount of room in the back with the back seat folded down. I also like the remote locks. To me the darn car just looks very good. I like its looks better than the sedan's. Ford should have advertised it more. It's just the right size for a couple of retirees.

Suggested Improvements

I think it could use more and handier storage space for the usual kind of stuff you keep in your car: maps, change, bottles of cleaner, tissues, etc. I think Ford has made a bad mistake in not advertising this version of the Focus very much and in discontinuing its production.

Surprising car. I really like it!
By abeachdog

2007 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I needed an economical, dependable, third car with a rack for my longboards. It has exceded all of my expectations. I have put 5,300 miles on it in 3 months. I modified a set of INNO racks and they work great. The Focus carries a ton of stuff, 2 9 foot plus boards on top, is very fun to drive, and gets decent gas mileage (25 to 30 mpg with the PZEV). I did not expect such a versatile vehicle. Ford should consider making an "Outback" style car based on the Focus. Unfortunately, this model is discontinued. Great cheap surf car for solo trips! Excellent commuter and general purpose vehicle. Amazingly quick and agile. Highly recommend.

Favorite Features

Driving fun, rack, room in back, European feel and controls (kooky as they may be), side air bags, decent stereo, price! Past experience with Tracers and Escorts leave me to expect excellent reliability.

Suggested Improvements

I think Ford should improve it, not eliminate it. I would pay for better seats (like my Mazda 6s had.) Better gas mileage, a bit more backseat room. Better seat fabric. 2008 Techie toys seem lame to me. There is a big potential demand for basic sport/utility wagons if packaged and marketed right.

Lotta' bang for the buck
By Wayne Bengston

2007 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Focus ST is more than the sum of its parts. The good; 0-60 in under 8 seconds. Effortless commuting & cruising. Superb handling with a Progress 22MM rear bar and Goodyear F1 GS-D3 tires to replace the mediocre Pirellis. Rich, communicative feedback from the tight, responsive steering. Very responsive, torquey 2.3L engine. Comfortable on 6+ hour trips. Seats 4 full size adults comfortably. Slick shifting 5 speed manual with a light, smooth clutch. Huge trunk that gets bigger by folding seats. Comfortable, upright seating position. The bad; interior rattles & squeaks. Indifferent fit & finish, huge panel gaps. Below average fuel economy for the performance. 26 MPG w/73% hwy.

Favorite Features

FUN to drive. Powerful A/C and heat. Radio plays MP3s. Comfortable, supportive seats. Tilt and telescope wheel. Standard 4-disk anti-lock brakes on the ST. Distinctive red accented charcoal interior. Very easy to get in and out.

Suggested Improvements

Should come with more sport-oriented tires. Tires make or break this car, but that is easily fixed. Close up the panel gaps. Fix the rattles and squeaks. No new car should do that. Fix the rear-suspension thumping over pavement breaks. Add a limited slip differential to the option list.