Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Over 15,000 miles so far
By chomuth

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Well Ford this is a great little car. Gas mileage is great, gets going in traffic quite well, Stops well also.

The automatic trans really gives this vehicle great mileage. 36.5 miles per gallon average unless in summer with air on then it goes down to 32 mpg.

I like the vehicle the way it is

Ford or Hyundai the MPG is about the same
By roadwarriorlt

2011 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have an S 4 door with an automatic and drive 78 miles one way to work plus 100 miles of city making calls each day, so I got the car to cut my daily gas cost. At the same time I was looking at a Hyundai Elantra which another sales person picked up for basically the same price as we both purchased pre-owned with 5k to 7k miles on the cars. I bring this up because Ford says 37 mpg for the automatic on the car and Hyundai says 40 mpg. Well after more than 1,100 miles and 3 tanks of gas. I'm at 36.46 mpg and the Hyundai is at 37.10 mpg so the MPG are pretty close to the same.

The biggest difference in the Hyundai and the Ford is comfort. The Hyundai comes with power windows and an armrest for the driver standard in the base model, not the Ford. As a 6 ft 240lb guy with some old back issues it takes me 20 minutes to get the blood flow back in my lt leg and hip when I crawl out of my Ford. I can not rest my are or adjust my position without the rest so I find myseld pushing up off the hand brake. Not a comfortable ride compared to the Hyundai, both are 3 in to low in my opinion to the ground and both seats are not comfortable, but being able to adjust your postion with an elbow and not taking your hands off the wheel is a important. Buy a butt cushion to dive

Meets & surpasses expectations!
By cobra348

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My 2011 Fiesta Sedan has over 15,000 miles on it. I can get >40 MPG highway without the SFE package installed, mid 30s MPG mixed daily driving. This is using the Powershift 6-speed automatic, which was not a review option. Fit and finish is excellent, comfort - even on long trips - is that of a full-sized car. Styling, handling all speak high quality and care in manufacture. I liked the 2011 model so well, I have ordered a 2012! Nice job, Ford!

A few little things the brochures don't mention ... the rear cabin heat/cool vents, the pen holder in the glovebox, the strap in the glovebox that keeps the manual out of the way. With the windows up and the radio going, conversations - even with folks in the rear - can still be had without shouting. The noise deadening is awesome!

2011 models did not have a center armrest. The 2012 models do, however it is my impression that it is not as "hefty" as the after-market units. That should be looked at and fixed. I personally would like to see about 5-10 HP more for better startup power.

1 Month Ownership w/Auto
By stardude82

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

What a fun little car. I don't know why I like it so much in spite of its sluggish acceleration, body role and bizarre low speed transmission behavior! Despite what Ford marketing will have you believe this car is a compromise. But it's on I live with without regrets. I found the back seats in this car perfectly adequate and more useful than the big brother Focus. I'm averaging 38 mph in mixed driving.

Gas mileage, engine refinement, exterior and over all sporty drive feel.

More lateral leg room for the driver, at least get rid of that intrusive cup holder. The Sync system and controls could be more intuitive. Valet keys would be nice. More HP and/or low end torque would be nice.

2011 Fiesta SEL Automatic
By jeleki

2011 Ford Fiesta SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Fiesta because I drive over 100 miles a day and needed something with good gas mileage. I drive city/highway both and about 10 miles a day is backroads and I average 38-40 mpg! This car is fantastic. I have silver color with tinted windows. I opted to have remote start feature and I love it! I have 2 boys (5 and 7) who are big for their ages and they fit in the back seat just fine. I read the reviews about the jerkiness of the automatic but I have not experienced this. I do drive sensibly and do not expect to reach 0-60 in 2 seconds. If you are the type that puts the pedal to the medal and expects to get alot of power in a short time - this car is not for you.

I LOVE the SYNC feature! The ambient lighting is great and my kids think it is neat and fight over which color to use. Everytime I get behind the wheel, I can't believe I am driving a small compact car - the features available make you feel like it is an expensive mid-sized car. It isn't winter yet, so I don't know how the heated side mirrors will work, but I can't wait to find out. I added the remote start feature after I purchased the car and I LOVE that feature! This is the first Ford that I have ever owned and it appears that I can call myself a Ford lover now!

The front seats need an arm rest and I believe the back seat could use 2 cup holders instead of the one in the center console. When my kids both have drinks, one places his drink in the cup holder and the other has to pass his drink to me to place in the middle cup holder. That is all I can think of.