2011 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews 8

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:
Solid but not stellar
By David on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

3,000 miles into my ownership experience, I have found my Fiesta to be OK. Exterior styling is fine-most heard comment is "cute" On the interior, love the front seats but the back seat leg room is inadequate. No center armrest and somewhat spartan with the SE trim level (no cruise control for instance) Ride is comfortable but already hearing some squeaks from interior trim at higher speeds. Acceleration is what you would expect from a car in this class. Gas Mileage has been 35 mpg with a 60/40 highway/city split. Nice little commuter car but not totally in love.

Great value
By Venezuelan on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Fiesta in July (I ordered to my specs), so far I've driven aprox. 2500 miles. Overall I'm satisfied with my purchase, I used to drive an 07 Camry with a 2.4 engine. The Fiesta engine is not as powerful but it will not disappoint you, it will get to highway speeds fast, I feel the car begins to feel a little bit heavy going over 70 mph, at that point you will running at about 3000 rpm. I'm getting 34 mpg 50% city 50% Hwy, the Fiesta is quiet on the streets, suspension is good I barely use the SYNC (only to send the vehicle health reports to Ford), for the price this will a good purchase, it will save you money on commute and long trips.

Fun Fiesta
By Fiestaman on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have always been an import fan due to higher quality, better design, and increased dependability. This Ford won me over. I really like this car a lot. It feels more like Hondas felt in the eighties than Hondas do now. It is great fun to drive. The few drawbacks thus far: not much rear-seat room, the PowerShift auto transmission hunts for gears and makes strange shifts sometimes, and the fuel economy is not as good as it should be for a car this size with this amount of power. I am hoping Ford will be able to use direct injection in the future to up the power and economy. I have been converted to a Ford fan-something I never thought I would say.

Best in Class!
By Audrey on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a car with fuel economy and ended up with the Fiesta. It's fun to drive, well built, and the MPG are nice! It's better than a hybrid, in my book, because of the easier maintenance and less effect on the environment (you read that right). Batteries in hybrids are very toxic to manufacture and depose of. I love the handling, features, and design of my Fiesta!

What Europeans Have Known For Years...
By slipster17 on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Once again, we here in the US have a sampling of Fords European branch with the new Fiesta. Part of a legacy of smaller, nimble hatchbacks (Fiesta, Escort, Focus) that made up the backbone of sales in Europe for years. During my first month of ownership I can safety say the 2011 Fiesta has just as much fun, great styling and economy packed in as the original Focus... but also much more. For under $20k you can have a car appointed as well as any $30k mid-size; but with so much more character! It's fluid styling and vibrant colors make it an instant hit no matter where it's parked. The winning formula is all there; you just have to try it. Go on. You might just be surprised at what you find.

SE- 203A, SYNC, Sirius, Graphics.
By gfenn11 on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have been in ownership of my car for almost a month now, and have only had one problem so far. It had the dreaded oil leak, and was put out of commission for three days, but after that, it has been a perfect ride. The interior is really quiet, especially for the vehicles in this class. The only real niggle I have with it, is that at 70 MPH the RPM are at 2,700 which seem a little high, since it is a 6-speed DCT.

5 Things I Love & Hate About This Car
By Caleb on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I Love: 1. The Gas Mileage (29 city/ 38 highway) 2. The Price ($19,000 with all packages) 3. The Features (heated seats, interior lighting, Sirius xm, push-to-start ignition, hands-free phone mode, temperature control, leather covered steering wheel, etc.) 4. The design (lights, body, interior are all stylish, no road noise) 5. The stock security system I Hate: 1. That there are no stock arm rests 2. There are very limited Sedan models out on the market 3. how the stock shifting knob is plastic 4. The hands-free device doesn't always recognize the voice commands you give it 5. the stock seats have a weird design printed on them.

Feisty Fiesta!!
By Goodfellas76 on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very COOL little ride. Wanted to downsize from V6 for better MPG. Bought SES with cloth heated seats, heated mirrors, etc and the dual-clutch tranny. Heats up REAL quick. Interior is best in class; better grade materials than more expensive car. Handles great and has plenty of pick-up (though, haven't driven with more than two people in it, yet). Also not driving it to get a ton of fun out of it (being conservative for higher MPG). Automatic is really good but sort of feels like it's slipping sometimes. Looks great on the outside in the Blue metallic! Not sure about MPG yet or reliability (have only had a couple days) BUT Ford has been on a roll! No worries!

Transmission Problems!
By Not a Fiesta! on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my fiesta at the end of July. I have just over 2,000 miles on my fiesta and it is in the shop as we speak getting a new transmission! I am very disappointed in the car; it has never shifted (automatic) the way you would expect. Failed attempts to reprogram/repair the transmission have left me car-less as I get a new transmission. I spoke to a representative from corporate ford and asked if these transmission problems were common among the new design. He asked me how much I liked the SYNC system, ignored my question and the fact my brand-new car is not worth the money or headache.

Loving my FIESTA SEDAN!
By christos on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I recently picked up my new fiesta sedan SE, and very happy, find it to be an excellent choice, because i do a lot of km per year, i will save on fuel. For the money, i got all the options i wanted. I chose the SEDAN, because i travel a lot, and wanted a trunk that locks and fits / protects my belongings, plus i think it looks cute. On the highway, this car actually stays in line and doesn't get affected by crosswinds, which it typical in this size of car, but it drove like a bigger car. i wanted to write this review to share my thoughts and mention that this is a terrific all around vehicle that will suit many people. :) test drive it and you will see what i mean