1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
fun
By jon1568 on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

Great truck. fun to drive, very reliable Has 120000 miles and runs like new.

diesel
By randy millbern on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

is great truck to own very reliable

Super Duty Rocks!
By f15hoss on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

This thing with the 7.3 PowerStroke is a monster! It has the manual 6 speed trans, and can climb steep grades pulling a 6500lb camper...at 65MPH in 4th...passing other vehicles! The crew cab carries 5 comfortable, 6 in a crunch (manual trans, remember?). Without a load, it gets 16-17 MPG city, and 18-19 on the road at 65-70 MPH.

It was a great truck
By swillard on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

I just traded it in with 52350 miles. It had the Powerstroke, auto. The ONLY thing that ever went wrong was an alternator failure right at 50,000 miles. It turns out that the alternator bearings were out of spec from the beginning and it was wearing out from day 1. $160 later, I had it running. Other than that, it was powerful, economical to drive, and very reliable. I liked it well enough that I bought a 2003 just about like it!

f250 review
By thermalinc on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

This truck must have running boards. with proper modifications you can get 26 mpg.

F250 Larait - All around great truck
By Don Cochron on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Extended Cab LB

I bought this truck with 35,000 miles on it and I have never had a any trouble with it whatsoever. This truck is very stable on the highway. I use this truck both as an off road and highway vehicle. I have a farm which makes it necessary to get this truck in a soft muddy barn yard as well as the fields using 4WD. I also have pulled heavy fertilizer spreaders up steep grades with this truck on the highway. The Triton engine performed far better than I expected. The fuel compsupmtion is a little high at about 12 to 15 mpg, but, with this big engine that's to be expected. I would buy this truck again in a heartbeat!

New Experience
By Shawn on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

Just bought 3 days ago and have added 100 miles to the odometer (almost to 40K now). Has 5.4 with a manual trans. Trans has problem with second gear that seems to be a ford trait (had same problems in a 76 and 79). Double clutching gets rid of the grind problem. Wife enjoys the ride and drive.

I love my truck
By djunkins on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

This is the last truck I will ever own, because I will never need another one. In fact, I'll likely pass it and the RV it pulls down to my children.I am absolutely pleased with its performance, reliability and capability. Although initial cost is pretty high for the diesel, operating costs are not that great, and the added versatility and towing capacity make up for it. This truck does everything I need it to do.

King of the road
By Scott in Orlando on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 4dr Extended Cab LB

I bought used at 106K miles but truck was very clean. Now have 118K and no problems so far. Very nice to drive but be careful when you sip your coffee! Very solid ride but seats are excellent for comfort. Used as a daily commuter and feel safe in traffic. The transmission bangs into each gear with nice positive feel. The 5.4 engine has a rap when starting cold and startled me first few times but was told by other owners theirs make same noise. Whatever it is, the performance is not affected and it does disappear within minutes. Overall, I love the truck and would recommend without question.

Great truck!
By mccdon1 on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great truck. Fun to drive, except parking in some parking lots. No problems yet. Don't work it very hard, I just wanted a durable truck.