Used 1995 Ford F-150 XL Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Tough as Nails
By Texas Native

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my truck at an equipment auction. It had the 4.9L 6 cyl & 5 speed. When I bought the truck it had 105k miles on it. When I sold it 11 years later it had over 250k miles on it and still running strong. I averaged around 18MPG most of the time. If I drove only highway I could get up to 21mpg for a full size truck that is very impressive. I used it for work, and for fun. I hauled many heavy loads and full trailers with ease. I wish Ford would have continued th3 4.9L with the newer trucks. In my 11 years of owning it. I replaced a clutch, brake pads and a radiator. I bought it for $7k and sold it 11 years later for $3k. I wish I would have kept it ;-)

Engine. More torque than the V8s and better fuel economy. Good heavy suspension, and smooth ride. Took 11 years of beatings and kept running strong.

body style was a bit boxy for my taste.

1995 Ford F-150
By RichCasa

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have driven my Ford F-150 over 107,000 miles. It has the 4.9 Liter engine and 5 speed Manual Trans. Other than minor problems and I have never had a Major problem with the truck. Since I used this truck for mostly highway travel I still have the orginal brake pads on it.

I like the way it rides and the pulling power from a 6 cyl engine.