2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport model:
Perfect Choice
By Wes Gardner on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Visited edmunds.com almost daily reviewing entry level luxury cars and SUVs for about 4 months. The Explorer ST was the one vehicle I keep going back to. It is the most versatile and best value for my money. Love it and only sorry it took me so long to get it.

Wishing I bought a 4 door Explorer...
By Mario on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

For my lifestyle, I should have purchased a 4 door Explorer. It's a pain in the $#@! to put my child in the back seat. Don't even try putting an adult back there. It's tough. An adult will have a real difficult time climbing into the back seat. I like the engine and trans though. The vehicle is very peppy! Wind noise can be very loud when driving on a windy day however. Lastly, I don't like the fact that my new 2002 Sport looks like a 1991 Sport. The body hasn't really changed in 10 years! The Sport needs to be redesigned or discontinued from Ford's line up. It is very outdated.

Best of the SUVs for the money
By hazle on 03/02/02 20:03 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Looked at everything else and kept coming back to the Sport for the price and looks. Perfect for a couple who never hauls kids. Drives well on the road with much more response than the 4 door due to 600 lbs of less wt. Same engine and tranny as the 4door. Quiet on the road.