2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Sport Trac hauls whole family in comfort
By bayoumelanie on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

When I found out that I was expecting my second child, I knew I needed a bigger vehicle. I searched every make and model for the most comfortable, powerful, smoothest ride, and of couse, the most price efficient truck or SUV I could find. I bought the Sport Trac with the rear A/C, which my 6 year old loves, and the hard tonneau cover and bed extender, which makes the bed into the perfect trunk for groceries or traveling. Definately worth the money!! And the estate green is very attractive!

OUTSTANDING
By Buckeye Fan on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am impressed with the entire vehicle. I've only had a couple of small problems and one big problem with Ford's National Customer Service. I live in Columbus OHIO. This past winter it snowed 24" within a week. I had no problem getting through 2 to 3 foot drifts. This vehicle will boogie through snow. It rides great. I've never had this much fun driving a vehicle. It fits great in my garage unlike my previous F150. People who rag on power, bed capablility, and overall truck performance. Buy a truck (F series), this is a SUT.

so far so good
By harvey/chad on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

so far i enjoy the sport trac 4x4. It has been very reliable. i am 6'4" tall and so far the interior and leg room works well. Poor gas mileage (16mpg)(i have the 4.10 rearend). the goodyear at/s tires wear poorly. For the money it seems a bit cheesy. Resale value is poor for a 4 wheel drive vehicle. The bed is awefully small and nearly worthless.

Love it!
By speechgeek on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love this truck/SUV! I've read reviews that rag on its ability to tow, but if I wanted to tow a huge trailer, I would have bought a huge truck. If I would have wanted a people mover, I would have bought a huge Excursion. This vehicle is the best of both worlds. I can haul more than a Chevy S- 10, and it's so much better looking. You can't beat the Pioneer audiophile 6- disc in-dash changer w/ subwoofer, either!

What a disappointment
By Kenn Mag on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My NEW Sport Trac broke down 5 times in the first three months. Once it just died on me as I came onto a freeway. The mechanic first told me that they ran diagnostics on it and, "out side of the fact that it wouldn't start, there was nothing wrong with it." The finally got it running again. It also had a high pitch whine at highway speeds. Ford said it was a chain in the 4WD transfer case and that they knew of the problem but had no fix for it. Ford bought it back from me, thank God.

Cool...
By Arvissers on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have had many people very interested in vehicle after purchase. Fits my dad with headroom to spare and he is 6'- 4"... The only bad things about it is the fuel economy - to be expected - and wouldn't mind a small V-8 in the engine bay. Really make this baby hum. Other than that, I love it. Great SUV/Truck.

like a Lincoln/Cadillac
By Eric Loudermilk on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Premium 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Fully equipped, looks & feels of a LINCOLN or Cadillac. Luxury-Versatile- Flexible/ all the features of a great SUV & convenience of a truck. Surprised & impressed w/the drive & feel of this Ford. Great power. Silver-Birch looks Classic but Sporty. Replaced the tonneau cover cause of leaks-no problems w/ replacement. Ask for door adjustments cause of wind noise. Clicking/grinding in the front turning the wheel all the way to the right or left in turns. Other owners say the same thing. Overall good value.Back Seat equally comfortable for passengers- you dont know you're in a truck. MPG 17 city 20 hwy. Side-Steps a must for this vehicle.

The Jack of all Trades Auto
By James White on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

What can I say. I love this Auto. I wanted it the first time I saw it and after test driving it I wanted it even more. It has room for 4 large men and no one is cramped in a little space. It's fun to drive for a 4,500 lb SUV/Truck. I can take long trips and take what I need on the trip ( I finaly have the room )

Happy 55 yr. old!
By Ron E. Brandich on 09/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have been drivig Ford custom Vans for 30 years and decided, after the kids were gone, that I needed something different! I sold my 97 custom Ford van and ordered a new 2002 Explorer Sport Trac last Oct. with every option available and waited till Dec. 26th to get it. I then ordered some other available optins from my Ford dealer and had them installed and then ordered gray metal flake pin stripping and had that put down the sides and I really LOVE my car/Suv/truck..it has been call everything under the sun, but I LOVE it! Wish the gas mileage was a little better..it's almost like driving a big Econoline again..with the mileage, but I LOVE it.

Sport Trac takes you in style
By David T on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Value 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love the vehicle and it rides smooth. I am a 4 time jeep owner now making the switch. The practicality of this vehicle is unmatched. All the comforts of a explorer with a pickup bed.