1997 Ford Escort 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 2

1997 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

1997 Ford Escort 4dr Sedan

Base Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
barney car
By Ray-Jay on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Escort 4dr Sedan

This has been a GREAT car. I bought this car with 28,000. Currently still driving it with 189,000. Wow ! I can put on the miles! No compalints from me. Just now did brakes for the first time. Only regular maintence...tune up, timing belt,plugs &wires. No trouble with a/c. I'm a Happy ford owner!! Gas mileage a plus with all my driving. Currently car shopping for a newer car! Wish me luck!!

Best car I've ever owned.
By lovemyescort on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Escort 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for almost 5 years. 5 trouble-free years. Have only replaced tie-rod ends and front brakes. Have put 50k miles on since I bought it. Outstanding reliability. Exceptional fuel mileage. Just change the oil and keep driving it.

Excellent value for the money
By bgharrison on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Escort 4dr Sedan

I haven't had my Escort very long; bought it used with 57k miles on it. Excellent fuel economy, somewhat comfortable as far as leg room in the front (I'm about 6' with long legs; this is important!). Only with I had cruise control on this one for freeway drives, and pwr locks.

Not bad for 175k miles..
By gLaze on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Escort 4dr Sedan

I picked the car up for 700$ with 175k miles on it. To hold me over till i got a new car. I've driven it every day for about a year, about 50+ miles a day. And after 175k the only things wrong w/ it were wheel bearings needed replacing, and the rear spring was broken. And the tranny is acting up now.. but not TOO bad. All in all a reliable car.

Economy is cheap for a reason
By Loaf on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Escort 4dr Sedan

The car has some minor problems. The car was just towed away today because it will not start (even after several jump attempts). I had driven the car at 5:30, got back in the car at 6:30, and the engine wouldn't even turn. Thanks ford, you suck again. This is the second escort i have had.

Great Car! No problems, hassle free.
By McGill on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Escort 4dr Sedan

Serviced regularly, first issue was breaks started sqeaking (60k miles). Breaks were checked regularly & the mechanics were surprised that they were the original, 1st replace needed at 60K. Only problem was after I going over a "v" shaped driveway (v at the point road & driveway met), Heavier person in passenger seat & it hit caused a small leak in the radiator seam. Gets 30-35 in town, when not running the A/C and 40 on road trips. Bought a new car & now found a good deal on a Aero so hubby trying to talk me into selling it. We'll see, I've grown attached to it & the dependability.

Standard Solid Car
By Scott Pearson on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Escort 4dr Sedan

This economical car is a family vehicle with no bells and whistles but plenty of perks to keep you happy. When you need a good used car, this is an excellent choice.

stamp's review
By Stamper8 on 03/03/02 20:08 PM (PST)

Great car