1993 Ford Escort Consumer Review: Love my car, hate to get rid o

1993 Ford Escort - Consumer Review

Love my car, hate to get rid of it
By Whoisyermomma on

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Hatchback

This car was a hot little number when I bought it from a friend. She had it all of 5 months and needed a van. No rust on her then, we live in New England, someone in NH garaged it in the winter. What a wonder! No real problems, great little car. Got in a minor fender bender and the front bumper was $400 to replace (with paint). Didn't have the money to replace grille - didn't need it for inspection!

Wicked fun to drive, I love the sporty little size. I'll admit I am scared to get anything larger. Fits nice in parking spaces the 1st time and in n' out of traffic quick. Awesome gas mileage (on 1st half of the tank)!

Auto seatbelts kept "freezing" when we would get any precip, corrected by removing the fuse. Also door locks (driver side and both rear) keep sticking, need more than WD-40 in New England. Also hydraulic arms for hatch are less than the best in colder temperatures.