1993 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
I'm now a Ford man!
By Bradley on 08/25/06 16:29 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort LX-E 4dr Sedan

I bought my 93 sedan with 65k on the clock and now have 76k+. I get 40 mpg around town and 48 on the hwy. It is a manual! I'm 6'1" and find the car adequately comfortable for 500+ mile trips to VA from NY state. Plan a trip to see friends in San Antonio TX this winter. The car feels brand new, smells new and the body is sharp. That is great considering all the salt on NY state roads in winter. It handles great in snow with care. Cold or hot weather no problem. Never owned a ford but love this car. My 70 year old mother loves it too. The fold down seats are handy. The insurance rates are great on it. Not flashy but I don't need to prove anything to anyone. I just need to think of a name for her. RUBY?

172k and still kicking
By munchie on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort LX-E 4dr Sedan

I bought my car 5 years ago with 77k. Repair work has been very reasonable. It wasn't until the car hit around 150k that the engine needed some work. And within the last year I just had to replace the brake pads and the altenator. But when your car has 170+k you can't complain. This car is the best car anyone in my family has had.

Very reliable car
By Genorama on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Escort LX-E 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 7 years and have done nothing to it but routine maintance. A/C still works, all power accessories still work, doesn't smoke or leak oil, still has good power and mileage, interior still looks good.