2007 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Review: Love it!

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic)

Love it!
By Pirate on

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I now have over 15,000 miles on our Ford Escape Hybrid (4WD). The average gas mileage is 29.3 MPG which is within the EPA estimate for this SUV. My wife and I love the SUV. I did all the research at the time comparing the Escape with all the other SUV on the market in its class and am more than happy that we purchased the Escape Hybrid. The SUV has been great so far the only exception is I wish the door gaskets would be heavy duty as they can be damaged fairly easily just through normal usage. Both front doors show wear on their door gaskets. The driver's side was replaced several months ago. Other than that it's a great SUV. Actually it's fun to drive. Great SUV. Thanks Ford. Just love it!

The Escape Hybrid is very reliable, fun to drive & well thought out in its design. Recommend a back up alarm (audible) & a camera (visual) this is money well spent, especially on us older folks (senior citizens). This SUV has been a joy to own and drive My wife and I both love to drive it.

The door gaskets can be damaged very easily, just through normal use. They are poorly fabricated, this had to be a cost savings measure on the part of Ford. Expect to relpace a door gasket every few years. Replaced the driver's side once and am careful getting in & out but still shows wear.