2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Frustrations
By dodgeboy11 on 06/08/09 14:30 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the car in October of 2002. Picked it up w/ the shrink wrap still on the car and 0 miles on the odometer. I like the car and the styling, but it has become a maintenance headache. 77k miles, and I've had to replace: rear struts, rear brakes, rear strut mounts, transmission solinoid, coolant overflow, front bearings, rust repair on door and on body, and trip computer on top of normal maintenance. The car from day one has also had a fantom ground issue in which on occasions it will: not lock the doors, sunroof stays open, dash lights go bright, cylinder 5 won't fire, speedometer acts up, etc. And most resently the torque converter has started acting up. I'd be cautious w/ the RT.

Buy It!
By moparornocar08 on 10/25/07 20:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car on Labor Day weekend '06 and have never regretted it. It's a four-door with the R/T package, deep metallic red, looks great, runs great, roomy, comfortable, great gas mileage, has all the bells and whistles (leather, 6-disc cd changer, sunroof, etc.), just an all- around great car. The perfomance is definitely suprising. Ours has the automatic with Autostick and can pass pretty much anything you want to (it can do over 110 in third!). It can at least run with 3 Series Beemers with ease:). Definitely get the V6 if you are considering one, they're suprising powerful and get good gas mileage (we average at least 30-32). And we always get compliments on the styling. Great car.

sweet
By ILIKEDODGE on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I ordered a 95 dodge stratus ES (loaded) with a 5 spd, which was a blast to drive, great gas mileage too... I always thought it needed a v6. Not the wimpy 2.5 liter-150hp w/ automatic MTX only, which was an option that 1st year. The 2003 r/t with the 200hp magnum, match up with the 5 spd, is exactly what it needed. I have had no issues with the vehicle at all. It is powerful, handles extremely well and most vehicles will have trouble keeping up with it. (If that interests you) I look forward to driving it every day. The gas mileage is great. The engine is very smooth and delivers its 200hp nicely.

2003 Status R/T
By pdxr/t on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I traded in my 2001 Dodge Durango because of the horrible fuel milage (12/17mpg) I was getting. I am very pleased with the 18.5/27.5 I am getting now. It handles great with the 17" tires. The 2.7 is pretty peppy for its size. Anybody know where I can get aftermarket permormance parts for 2.7? The one thing I do miss is the heated leather seats from the Durango. The R/T is a sharp looking, good value for the price.

Lovin' It
By MissTai on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I am so in love with my car. I've owned three other vehicles since I've been driving and my Stratus is the most enjoyable for both style and reliability. Dodge, keep doing what you do.

I Love My Stratus
By Stratus R/T 03 on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2003 Stratus RT in December of 2002 after my 2002 Chrystler Sebring sedan was totalled out. I was hit by someone(estimated to be driving in excess of 65 mph)that ran a stop sign. Almost everyone that saw my Sebring said that I should have been killed, but I walked away from the accident with a few fractures, lots of brusies and a fear of driving. About a month after my accident I found my Stratus R/T and purchased it. I feel safer in it than I did in my Sebring. My Stratus R/T has helped to restore my life.

Can you say Electrical Problem?
By 7TimeChamp_3 on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I should have known better than to by another Dodge. Much like my 97 Caravan this car has been one problem after another. My ABS has failed 4 times on the car and Chrysler has done very little to try to fix it. The 5 speed is hard to shift, often requiring a double clutch to get the car to shift, which the dealer tells me is normal. I have been driving manual shift cars for 15 years and have never had these issues. The car is sluggish, our other car is an 02 VW Cabrio with a 4 banger and it runs every but as well as my R/T. Dealer tells me that is the thin air in Colorado. I think the car is thin on good old HP.

new RT 2003
By chuckdog on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

love the car. i drove a 92 chevy corsica for 10 years...so this is great. I've only had the car for about a month, but i've had a lot of compliments. I have never seen another 4 dr R/T on the road though. Not as quick as I'd though it would be, but it handles better than I thought. One complaint is that there are only 4 color options

fun fun and more fun
By sanad@2gss.org on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

this is the one of the coolest and sweetest looking family cars out there trust me after puting my intake in that baby was even fast and boy is she fun to drive

New Stratus R/T
By dodgeboy11 on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I've only put on a couple hundred miles, but here is my first impressions: Fun to drive w/ excellent handling. Good feel of brakes. Steering a little over sensitive, but responsive. Horsepower OK...nothing to write home about. I have noticed a couple squeaks and rattles inside...typical Dodge. Overall, about the most fun you can have in a car that is still practical.