Used 2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Low cost to own and fun to drive as 4 cyl. eco cars go
By billman2

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought new in 03 4 cyl auto good value and to our surprize it's cost to operate has been lower than our japanese car our mother drives, not as well refined but still fun to drive and quieter ride. No issues yet with 140,000 miles except rear struts were replaced. 4 cyl engine not real fast but simple to service and reliable.

Favorite Features

Style..no econo box look. drives strait down the road.

Suggested Improvements

offer a 4 cyl turbo version or make the 6 cyl more reliable.

this car is garbage worst investment ever
By whitesoxman61

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

this car has been nothing but a nightmare to own i am a person that likes to do maintenance on my own but that's pretty much impossible. the water pump is on the inside of the engine and costed me $800 to get replaced, the thermostat is on the bottom of the engine and requires you to remove the alternator, battery is located inside the wheel well and you have to remove the tire and splash guard to get to it, just about anything you work on with this car will take 2 times longer than a normal car it was built A$$ backwards i would not tell anyone to buy this car unless they have a LOT of time and money on their hands to fix it.

Favorite Features

nothing everything is a pain

Suggested Improvements

good luck with improving this car there is no fixing these might as well use them for scrap metal that is about all their good for.

206,000 miles a good solid car
By mopar350

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 50,000 miles on it six years ago. so far I have only done some normal maintance. changed timing belt twice and front brake pads once. now at 206,000 mile mark i have had to change one front wheel bearing. and the transmission is slipping. would have lasted longer if i had changed the fluid and filter like i should have. i have beat this car into the ground and it is still going. i put 36,000 to 40,000 miles a year on this car for the last three years. so i will be putting a transmission in it and keep on driveing it. and i plan on driveing it till the body rusts away. i live in south carolina and there is no rust on it yet so i will be driveing this car for a long time

Favorite Features

stereo system,reliability, 30mpg, easy to repair when needed.

Suggested Improvements

larger opening for trunk to make loading and unloading easier. better front seat design.

1st new car, worst car I ever owned
By sharky65

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car was built cheaply. Here is all the things that have gone wrong with it in the 8 years and 89,000 miles. year 2 new brakes and rotors year 3 drivers side window came off the track $300 year 4 new brakes and rotors, gas gauge stopped working causing $300 bill to replace gas pump, heater fan will only work on high year 5 engine blew up, I had oil change every 3 months, it was under warranty year 6 new brakes and rotors, all windows rattle inside doors year 7 transmission had to be rebuilt year 8 rear strut mounts totally disintergrated because they were made out of cheap aluminum, new brakes and rotors I can finally get rid of it this year. My wife and I alternate buying cars.

Favorite Features

styling

Suggested Improvements

Mopar really went cheap with this car. Maybe they should get out of the car making business.

I miss my Stratus
By abby258

2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2003 stratus brand new.. I loved it, the only reason I no longer own it is because I traded it for an SUV, becuse 3rd baby was not going to fit in the stratus.. I NEVER had any problems with the vehicle, beside normal wear and tear, and regular maintenance. I HATE the BUICK RENDEZVOUS I ended upo trading in for... My review for that is up too! I am thinking about purchasing another stratus, 2006 model. I loved the stratus!!!

Favorite Features

Fast and never having any problems with the vehicle!!!

Suggested Improvements

Should ccost a little less...