1996 Dodge Stratus Consumer Review: This car is HORRIBLE!!

1996 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Review

This car is HORRIBLE!!
By cutiechick on

1996 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan

I have only had this car for just over a year and I have had HUGE problems with it. It was back at the dealership 5 days after it was purchased because it was leaking transmission fluid.A year later, the same thing happened my transmission leaks only this time when it goes in for repair at a Dodge dealership, they find that I'm also leaking oil. Now my engine is burning oil internlly and I need a whole new engine!!!!!!! Fortunately for me I bought an extended warranty that will (hopefully) cover the cost of the new engine and transmission repair.I found out that this model year is well known for transmission problems as well as head gasket problems.

Gas milage is excellent very roomy car and trunk

Wiper speeds are from intermittant to slow to fast, there is no "in between". Cup holder doesn't hold a bottle of soda or any large drinks. It's in an akward place too and you have to look down to make sure your drink is in properly which isn't safe.