Used 1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Best I Have Owned
By webby1960

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Owned every make, owned every model, I treat my truck like a work horse and it delivers every time.
Most reliable thing on the farm...You won't go wrong with this rig...got 310,000 miles on it and just came back from a 1200 mile trip pulling a trailer...never missed a beat.

After owning this rig, I can't even remember what a Ford or Chevy looks like.

power, reliability and looks the old girl still gets.

Love My Truck
By Joe

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is the best truck I've ever owned. I had no problems at all until 279,000 miles. I would recommend a Dodge to anyone that needs dependability. I carry an average of 2500lbs in the bed at all times. The down side is I get 13 miles per gallon if I'm empty or pulling a trailer with 10000lbs.

The comfort, dependability

None

Awesome
By Charles

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

All I have to say is, Wow. I bought this truck from the original owner, 65 yr old male. Drove the truck like a baby, took awesome care of it, all synthetic liquids throughut the truck. It has 235,000 miles on it and runs like you wouldn't believe. Original everything. Tranny, engine/fuel pump, everything. He kept regular maintence and kept her running beautifully.

Everything.

Gas mileage stinks, but oh well. Worth it to me. Wish the suspension was a little higher.

Solid truck
By Mark

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new in '97. very reliable. Only high dollar items that went bad were a pinion bearing and a fuel pump. This truck had a lot of life left in it, until some old lady ran a stop sign and totaled it! I will be buying another Dodge for sure!

Perfomance, looks, durability. can add a lot of "go fast" goodies too!

Who in there right mind would put a cup holder up that high! Products often dumped while normal cornering.

Lemon
By LeeLee

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought the truck from an old man who had all the service records. The truck had 67,700 miles on it. In the last year I only put 3,700 miles on it and every time I drive it I end up having to go to the mechanic. Last time the power steering pump shaft broke, this time it's the transmission. It's the biggest money pit.

Powerful for towing. Nice colors, exterior design is nice.

Make it so I can drive it without it breaking down.