1999 Dodge Neon Consumer Review: Lovin' my Neon.

1999 Dodge Neon - Consumer Review

Lovin' my Neon.
By limniade on

1999 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

I've had my 4-Door Neon Sport for over six years now. I drove it off the lot with 8 miles on the odometer, and today I'll roll over 107,000. I've had almost NO problems, except for an alignment issue and frozen wheel bearing due to an accident. The car handles very well, especially for a 3- speed automatic. I don't get a ton of pickup, but it's a zippy little car that's as fun to drive as it was the day I bought it. The brakes squeal a little, the car's got a lot of air noise, but it's been a champ for as long as I've owned it. I know a number of Neon owners have had issues at 60K miles, and I bought the '99 thinking they'd have the bugs out by then, and it's been very reliable for me.

The power sunroof, the stock radio was surprisingly decent, the handling, the surprising amount of roominess. I can fit a lot of stuff into this car, and having the extra power features made it a very enjoyable drive.

A lot of air noise, the brakes squeak, not a lot of power right out of the gate. (I didn't really expect to have that with a 3-speed, though.) All windows should be power (only the front ones are). Otherwise, carry on!