1999 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
1999 Dodge Neon Coupe
By kbuhl on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Neon Sport 2dr Coupe

Good car until about 60,000 miles, lots of rattles. Everything starts wearing out. $2000 in repairs in the last year. I would not buy another used one, or a new one if it's only gonna last 60,000 miles.

a real neon
By crunkone on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Neon Sport 2dr Coupe

This car was my favorite car. It held up very very well. It was fast, nimble, and very sporty. The onlt thing this car didn't have was leather and a CD player, then it would be perfect. It also had lots of room for it's size. It was hard to find and after my brother wrecked mine, I couldn't find it again. I ended up with a 2001 but I was very dissapointed. It's weak and gets terrible gas mileage. And half of the problems I have, the dealer either can't or wont fix it. Like a sulphuric smell that nausiates me.

Pleasant surprise
By sofarsogood on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Neon Sport 2dr Coupe

Fun little car with Honda like reliability. Purchased as an alternate fuel efficient "tow" vehicle for my jet ski and it performed beyond my expectations. Pulls a 500 lb jet ski with ease using manual 5-speed. Has over 60000 miles on routine oil changes and a battery replacement. Dodge did something right with this car.