Used 2000 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Piece of Junk!
By Piece of Junk!

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

When I first bought this SUV I loved it, then came all the problems. Last year I had to put new engine in. Now I'm having problems with the oxgyen sensors. I have gone through at least 2 of them already! I'm finding nothing but more and more problems. I do not recommend this SUV!!

Comfortable seats

Start from scratch

OK so far, 73K miles
By kben

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Have owned this vehicle since new and it now has 73K+ miles. Had one issue with an air conditioning relay which was a $250 repair and it happened just after the warranty ended. Also had the recall repair for the ball joints. This has been and continues to be a reliable vehicle for me. The gas mileage (about 18 Hwy) leaves some to be desired but it is on the high end for what I expected for this vehicle. The interior components are not the best quality, the break easily.

Exterior appearance, third seat and space.

Gas mileage, interior component quality and stereo quality.

Must be good luck
By Bronco

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Have owned this vehicle since it was 1 year old (16,600 mi). Have had only one issue of note. The cam position switch failed, $200 repair and good to go. This has been and continues to be a good reliable vehicle. The gas mileage is horrible but the interior layout and design is nice. The quality of the interior components is not the best, the plastic will fail (esspecially with kids). However the parts are inexpensive to replace. Maybe I've been lucky, but I have had less problems with this than friends and family with 2002 Montero, and 2001 Tahoe.

Third seat and layout in the vehicle.

Better quality interior components including the stereo speakers. Improve the gas mileage.

Sad Experience
By Mikep

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

We've owned the Durango for roughly 2 years and it only has 54,000 miles. Overheating is very common and now the head gaskets are blown. It'll run $1,100 to $1,600 to repair. Save some heartache and don't go Durango. However, if you enjoy sitting in the 3rd seat while it cools down, this may be the gas guzzler for you.

Get up and go ability.

Dodge should listen to disgrunted consumers and fix their product. As sad as it is to say, I think I'm going to stick with foreign products.

No, you didn't get a bad one
By nomore dodges

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

My 4.7 engine blew at 74,000 miles with no oil pressure. Heater core failed at 40,000 miles, cost $800 to replace. If you're thinking of buying a Durango, my advice is dont!

Looks and interior

Have the CEO address design flaws instead of going to Washington for a handout.