2000 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
60K miles trouble free..awsome
By JD_in_Montana on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Styling, ride characteristics and superb reliability have been the hallmarks of my Durango. Very very low maintenance / repair. Worst was front driveline (under warranty) due to worn u joint (my fault, BTW!!). Other than that...NOTHING in repairs have been required. 4.7 engine is exquistely simple to maintain (no rotor, distributor, plug wires). And with the HO Cams this truck is QUICK!!

WHAT A GREAT SUV!!!!!
By powenby on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I LOVE MY DODGE!!! I have had my Dodge for about a year. It has the 5.9L/360 engine which causes mileage to not be too good, especially when you are in town and not on the highway. The ride is comfortable and the handling is AWESOME! I have had NO problems with my Dodge. I would buy a new one in a heartbeat!!

Lots of Fun
By sr40 on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

My wife and I were looking for a good used SUV or a new SUVin a price range that we could afford. We compared the used Durango to several new vehicles and found that for the money, we getting much more vehicle for the price. Over all though, we are very pleased with our new addition and look forward to purchasing a new Durango within the next year or so.

Love this Vehicle!
By Techie Mom on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

I have really enjoyed this vehicle. It handles great off road, the ride is very luxurious and it tows a 3500 pound tent trailer like it's not there! No more crawling up hill! It has handled the AZ heat beautifully... never once did it overheat. The third seat and second AC were very important to me. Only down side has been the gas mileage.

We love our Durango!
By RHADZ on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

We have had no problems with the Durango at all. The only things I don't like is the poor gas mileage and the weak air conditioning (kind of a killer during AZ summers). Other than that our Durango has been reliable and fun to drive. We'd buy another one.

Wonderful SUV!!
By Holly Winn on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my Durango for 3 years now and I have not had one single problem with it. If they are maintained properly and on schedule, it will run like a champ. I am selling mine now only because I like to have new cars every 3 years. I would recommend it highly.

MY SUVIE
By teena on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

Rides great, handles great, beautifully kept. A Wonderful Ride...!!!

GOOD
By MMOGGULL on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

VEHICLE ACCOMPLISHES ALL I NEEDED DURING THE 3 YEARS I DROVE IT

help me out
By bestbuyworstgas on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

I have a 2000 dodge durango r/t with that powerful gas guzzling 360. the truck drives like a champ, off roads like a monster. I am thinking about putting a monster lift kit on it but am battling that gas mileage. My 79 camaro with a 450hp motor gives almost twice the gas mileage on the highway then this baby of mine. im not sure what they could do to fix this, maybe add a turbo kit to improve the gas mileage.

How many gallons per mile???
By Danny's R/T on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

It is a head turner. Especially in flame red (fire engine red). I cannot go anywhere without someone saying how cool or hot this R/T is. It sounds like a hot rod truck and drives like a sports car. All while picking up the kids, shopping or going camping with the spacious rear cargo area . It is a ride to be proud of. I am upset to say that I get 10 mpg's while driving it normal city/hwy. If I get on it then it's 8 mpg's. Dodge needs to get with the program. At $1.97/gal... It's a monthly investment I'd rather get rid of.