Used 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Dodge Daytona Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Daytona model:

Trading in Iroc for Z-24
By Ex-Dodge Dude

1992 Dodge Daytona Hatchback IROC 2dr Hatchback

The looks sold me right away on the car and I figured being the little brother of the Iroc R/T, this bird should fly... NOT. The seats don't support the upper back and visibility for shoulder checking is almost nil. Use stick-on convex mirrors. Dodge holds up to it's name in rust, although all the flairing holds in alot of junk. Since some bad experiences on icy highways with almost new tires, this Iroc is getting replaced with the same year Z-24. Just goes to show, looks aren't everything.

Short rear, long front. Avenger looking front facia, great leg and head room, and cockpit style instrument panel. Rear wheel wells not lowered more than the fender wells (like most cars: grrrr.) Great flairing package and easy to do tune- ups and oil changes.

Since Daytona's are no longer in production since the fat ass Avenger... What is there to say? Oh, did I mention their noisy engines??? ratattat...

great fast car
By Billie

1992 Dodge Daytona Hatchback IROC 2dr Hatchback

i loved driving the car it is fast and great transportation and qiuck

great speed

more horespower

Great little head turner
By Jonnydrifter

1992 Dodge Daytona Hatchback IROC 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car with 90,000 miles and in one year put on 24,000 of the most fun-to-drive miles I've had. Anytime my friends need to go anywhere I'm the first to offer a ride, and mountain roads in colorado are a blast! Looks that aren't cookie-cutter help a TON too. Turns many heads.

Handling handling handling. Slightly wider tires help this a bunch. Styling looks great for a car 10 years old too!

More power out of the V6 woulda been nice, not as fast as most of the little compacts out there, but will turn many more heads.

Best Car I've owned
By IROC Owner

1992 Dodge Daytona Hatchback IROC 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this car used in 1994. Through it's 140,000 miles, the car has never let me down. I've done nothing but routine maintenance. She still turns heads whether at a car show or spooling the turbo down the track.

The 2.5L Turbo motor has torque to spare. The little 4-cyl. puts most V-8s to shame, while it outruns them and gets 32mpg. The wide stance provides tight handling.

My only complaint with this car is the torque steer. It has so much torque, it really pulls on the steering wheel.