2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)
Dealer options: Blacktop Package
This car totally changes its character with the Super Track Pak (STP). Reviews peg the manual RT as the fat girl of the muscle car bunch. But with the suspension and steering upgrades the Challenger elevates to porn-star like proportions. And it's just as much fun to drive.
I was a Japanese import fanboy for +10 years and fantasized about buying a BRZ. However just one test drive in the Dodge changed my mind. Power is sexy, and the RT moves just as well as it looks. Buying a 150ft-lb BRZ over this 410ft-lb beauty would be a mistake; and for the same price!
- Best looking retro on the road, besides the Fiat 500
- Girls hanging out of their cars to wave at you
- Same transmission as a Corvette and GT500
- Big brakes that work (Super Track Pak)
- Grin inducing power
- Turning off the radio to hear the V8 soundtrack
- Blowing away imports that cost twice the price
- Great mileage for a V8
- Regular gas (87 octane)
- Inspiring handling
- Turning off stability control (with Super Track Pak)
- Super Track Pak (STP) is a bumpy ride
- STP needs adjustable damping
- Poor blind spot and rear visibility
- Rear parking assist should be standard
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.