2006 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
Lemon
By fedupowner on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Caravan Minivan C/V 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This car should be called the Dodge Random; everything simply works randomly. Doors, windows, locks, engine - you never know from day to day when things will work. Expensive repairs to make them work are only temporary. Scary to roll a window down not knowing if you will ever get it up, or even if the van will start. Many many problems with this van - please do not invest your money here!

Ridiculous location for spare tire
By dcbpe on 05/10/10 10:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Caravan Minivan C/V 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I purchased our Caravan in 2008, and have had largely no problems with it. Then I came across the location of the spare tire. Putting the spare under the van under the front seats is the most asinine place I've ever seen for a spare tire. I was changing the tire in my driveway, on a nice day, and found it to be a most aggravating experience. I can only imagine how a person is supposed to do this while stopped on the side of the road in inclement weather. I am a licensed professional engineer, and I work on my cars. I am no novice. This system was designed by an imbecile, and he/she ought to be fired. I will never again by a car without checking where the spare is.

Flipper!
By Josh R. on 11/30/09 19:52 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Caravan Minivan C/V 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this van as a work vehicle through my company for the past two years, and it's been a good little trooper. I neither baby my vehicles nor treat them especially rough, and though the fuel mileage isn't what I would like it to be, it's been very reliable and I enjoy driving it. It holds a LOT of cargo, has Stow-n-Go seating for passengers should I need to carry them, and handles better than I ever expected a minivan would. The 3.3L V6 is quiet and has decent torque, laboring only in 100-degree heat when the air is running full blast and you're trying to get up to freeway speed. It's comfortable too, though the seats need better hip and thigh support.

Uh oh
By pigeons on 03/25/06 18:18 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Caravan Minivan C/V 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This thing is great to drive. solid on the road, fast, quiet, efficient. It is just really nice to drive. But it breaks down all the time. Dealer assured us that Dodge had fixed the notorious transmission problems associated with Caravans.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.