1997 Dodge Caravan Consumer Review: Gotcha's all beat!

1997 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Review

Gotcha's all beat!
By Unhappy and Broke on

1997 Dodge Caravan ES 4dr Minivan

I just may have you all beat on the repairs, lol.One thing a little different, when I turn on my wipers, sometimes they'll come on, and when they finally come on they won't shut off until you are totally aggravated by the wiper dragging across the dry windshield. I have replaced the tie rods, tie rod ends, sway bar, bearings, power steering pump, fuses,taken it in for 3 recalls, only to find I had to replace the tension pulley, the ac doesn't work, the only fan speed left for heat is high,the head lights won't stay on,the parking lights don't work anymore (rusted sockets). Needs rotors, brakes again, this year, had a strut plate put in for the rusted housing, other side needs now and struts, door stripping.

The only thing now that I can think of that I liked was sitting high. seats are awful to take out or move or put back in.

Fix all that are common problems if you want to keep in business. I won't buy another Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth product. I just can't sink any more money into this vehicle. New motto, instead of get out of dodge; get away from dodge!