Used 2009 Dodge Avenger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

Problems not solved
By Marie

2009 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

May 19,2009 I traded in a 2002 Dodge Intrepid for the 2009 Dodge Avenger. Nothing wrong with the Intrepid, now I wish I"d of kept it. The second month I had it I noticed some white areas appearing on the driver inside panel door. Called Cryslers 800 number & they said I should go to the dealer, which I have made 6 trips to them now. They say I need to wash it off each time it appears. It is Nov.12,2009 I am very disappointed & am not a happy customer. A brand new car should not be doing this. As a woman, appearance means a lot to me. They said I notice it because it is black vinyl, all cars have it. What a lame excuse. We will be replacing a Van soon, it will not be with a Chrysler product.

I'd wanted a red car for a long time & finally got it. Have not made any long trips yet. The gas milage seems to be about average. Not any better than the Intrepid.

I wish someone would could tell me why I get the white area on the panel.

I LOVE my car!
By ado

2009 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my car! This car looks hot(even better with tinted windows). I thought that the R/T offered quite a few options for very little money. While the 4 cy. engine won't beat anyone off the line, I do get about 24 mpg. The ride is very smooth and the car is fun to drive. There is a blind spot to get used to and the chrome around the gear shift can cause a glare, but otherwise I like the chrome look. I enjoy having Sirius radio and I love having the radio controls on the steering wheel (a feature I thought I'd never use!) The interior is extemely roomy and there is a lot of trunk space.

Exterior appearance, satellite radio, steering wheel radio controls, roomy interior, and gas mileage

I don't like the headrests and there is that blindspot.

Alternative to Cookie-Cutter Sedans
By James

2009 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've always liked the look of the Dodge Charger, but they're too big and too rear-wheel driven for the wife, so we went with the "Baby Charger." First off, it looks like no other sedan out there. Whether that's a good thing or bad thing is up to you, but we love it. Bright red with tinted windows looks pretty mean. Interior controls are layed out nicely, but build quality (uneven gaps, rock-hard platics, etc) is a little lacking. We average mid-to-high 20's for gas mileage. Engine gets the job done but you won't win any races.

Aggressive exterior stying, interior controls layed out thoughtfully, seats are comfy, good gas mileage, very quiet interior.

Uneven gaps in interior panels, 4- speed auto tranny "hunts" too much on hills, may look like a powerhouse but is slow as a glaicer.

This Avenger is Great!
By Mike W.

2009 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this '09 Avenger SXT at the end of June. I was trading in an '03 Intrepid that had been great for me but it was time to go new. And I was ready to go back to 4-cyl. The car looked great and handled the test drive much better than what I had read about its performance. No complaints at all two months later. Love the satellite radio! Love the interior room! Love the easy handling! Love the smoothness! Have figured out the blind spot issue - no problem at all.

Same feel on the road as my previous '03 Intrepid. More powerful 4- cyl. than my "new style" 2000 Neon. Great sound system!

None.

Rock Hard Seats
By L2

2009 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have 16k miles on now. Drive all the time. Seats are rock hard. Back seat makes you feel like a dungeon. I have to lean forward to look out. Front seat would be more comfortable if flat. Hav enothad great gas mileage either. Horrible visibility and blind spots.

Sat Radio

Bigger back passenger window. Get rid of the black plastic and put glass. More cushion in all the seats

• SUV