2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
I LOVE my Sebring!
By maggiemae129 on 05/19/14 08:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my 2005 Touring Edition for nearly ten years. I will be selling it now to put some money towards the SUV that I really needed for my lifestyle. I had hoped to keep both, but my finances won't allow it. I will miss this little convertible dearly. Cons - none. Things I have fixed/replaced - window motor (due to water getting in the door too many times), rear tie-rod ends, engine light has been on for like two years due to O2 sensor (have not fixed). Tune-up/flushed all fluids, etc at about 100,000 miles. Car has 139,000 miles and I believe it will go many more.

Good Car -- Mixed Reviews
By sjt3 on 03/12/11 15:55 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just traded in my 2005 Sebring Convertible after four years. It was a great car overall but not without it's flaws. Very cheaply built & even though the body was mostly plastic, still had the standard Chrysler problem of pealing paint. Interior plastic was cheap as well. Reliable with one exception, brakes!!!! I only put 40,000 miles on it and had to replace the brakes twice. My two previous cars, Chevy and a Ford, I only replaced the brakes once on each with 60,000 to 80,000 miles on it. My only other complaint is road noise. Very noisy!!!

I'm a Sucker
By you got to be kiddin on 03/24/10 11:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in 2006. The day I brought it home the computer board was shot and had to bring it back next day. Since then nothing but trouble. Car came back with scratches all over the dash and again had to be replaced. I have since paid for two sensors to be replaced had two seals and two belts replaced still not working had it done again and is now sitting in a pubble of oil outside my work. I have had to replace brakes twice new tires and makes a constant noise I only have 39,000 miles on the car. Worst day ever the day I brought home this piece of crap. Too low to the ground, noisy and unreliable. Even the sun roof leaks.

bought this car cheap
By Tony on 07/29/09 05:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this 2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible with 56,000 miles @$6500.00. I wont say as this car hasn't proven reliability but it is a decent car. For the price I paid for the car as I am going to use it to drive back and forth to college should do ok. The car shimmys at 45 mph and i just put on new tires, done a 4 wheel alignment. My recommendations since Chrysler has had a reputation (bad) for the 2.7 liter v6 is to use full synthetic oil. This is my first convertible ever and I do like driving with the top down.

2005 Chrysler Sebring GTC Sun Fun
By Glenn Merideth on 12/19/08 18:41 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2005 Sebring GTC by accident, looking for a Chrysler 300, the cute little Pearl Firemist Red GTC grabbed my eye and my heart, and the rest is history. I live out in the boonies in the shadow of the Montana Rockies, and my car has performed flawlessly in temps from 110 to minus 35, always starts instantly, and has never had a mechanical problem of any kind. I have used Mobile One every 5000 miles since new, and it uses no oil at 50000 miles now. Has averaged 28 MPG with 90 % highway miles, and 22 in town, or with the top down on the highway around 20. Great comfort, looks and build quality. I plan on keeping it for the rest of my life. I would buy it all over again.

The car of style
By Eddie on 10/11/08 12:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

What sold me was the style inside and outside, rear passenger foot room, headlights/driving lamps, and the cornering is wonderful. The 2.7 liter V6 gets the job done for the size of motor and can keep up with most of the 3.0 series engines in the market today. I get and average of 24 to 27 mpg in city and 26 to 30 on hwy which is pretty good for a V6. If you are looking for a great car to have fun in and turn heads this would be that car and a plus is it is affordable.

Not a powerhouse but smooth ride
By KC MOM on 12/06/07 10:20 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

After 12 years of driving a Firebird convertible I finally faced the fact it would not last forever. With 2 junior high aged kids I was looking for a used car with enough backseat legroom for 2 5 foot tall+ kids and a reasonable price, as we will have 2 teen drivers soon so didn't want to spend a fortune on a new car. Looking at Carfax, a lot of the late model Sebrings were former rentals, but was finally able to find a low miles one owner 05 for 10 grand less than new.

Good thing baby
By tom on 10/30/07 12:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I really love this car. I have had it for a year and a half and like it more now than day 1. Car is solid and very quiet for a convertible. I have had nothing at all go wrong in the 37,000 miles of ownership

Ragtop Love
By filigree1 on 06/19/07 07:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 18,000 miles on it June 2006 for $14,000. It was a fleet car prior. I can't say enough nice things about this car. The only negative I could find is that it has some blind spots with the top up, but after driving it a while, it's easy to compensate for them. I intend to keep this car a long time. The new ones are too small and don't hold turns like this one does. It also accelerates quite well. I know people have complained about acceleration in this model, but all I can say is they probably don't keep it properly tuned. My friend paid a fortune for a Jaguar and he's kicking himself. My car accelerates faster, has better performance, mileage, and road huggability.

Massive Shaking
By Magnum on 03/13/07 16:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this Sebring Convertible limited from the showroom floor after test driving a 2006. After purchasing I was on my way home when I noticed the car had very bad shake at 45 mph and massive cowl shake that did not show up on test drives. Dealer stated this was normal, but that was after they rebalanced and replaced the tires. The car has gotten progressively worse and gets out of balance and alignment on the slightest bumps. I had a 1999 Sebring conv and vibration was very minimal compared to this.