2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:
New arrival
By pt109 on 07/08/10 11:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had less than a week and have put almost 800 miles on the the little thing. Last car was a Crown Vic so torque seems a bit on the thin side. Love the top down and quiet with top up. as far as styling goes people either love or hate them. I love it. every time I get behind the wheel I think beetle because of the body color dash and view over the hood. Ride/handling trade off seems perfect for this sporty but not sports car. I was hoping for better mileage than my Vic but so far it is about the same. Disappointing for a 4 Cylinder, but I didn't buy it because it was an econobox.

Get the extended warranty!
By GOGOTHECAT on 06/01/10 18:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great looking with maintenance issues. Power steering hoses, AC freon leak, premature brake pad wear. Other than that, How was the play Mrs. Lincoln? Sporty fun has come with a price.

Love my GT PT convert
By Ed M on 05/21/10 07:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought the GT PT Convert in April 2010, it is a 2006 and the owner was a senior, car had only 7,900 miles on it! So far just needed a new driver's door mirror- it broke and dealership covered it. Gas is definitely an issue, but if you want the extra horse you gotta pay. This car is flawless for five years old. Only use it three or four times a week, plan to keep garaged and immaculate. Hope to preserve as a collector item. Chrysler only made the GT Conv for two years 05 and 06. Have orig build sheet and window sticker- love this car and plan to keep into it's antique years.

Luvin my buggy
By Cindy on 08/09/08 06:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had a Blue/gray Turbo convertible for 1 year purchased used at 6000 miles. Luv it. Like the roll over bar. VERY disappointed that Chrysler is discontinuing the convertible. Needs Improvement with gas mileage, rear visibility, turning radius. Would love GPS, self dimming rear view, and backup warning system Otherwise, everything I wanted in an economical classy convertible, a real head turner.

lovin the vanilla
By doubleshotback on 03/14/08 00:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my 06 touring conv. a few weeks ago and have to say luuuuv this car. Its fun peppy and sharp looking. never thought i would own a white car but that cool vanilla color totally got my attention. gas mileage was a little lower than expected but ya know i can live with it and do a few minor improvements under the hood to squeeze out a few more mpgs

Love it
By anniepoo on 01/27/08 09:12 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my Jeep Grand Cherokee for this fun, zippy little car after renting one while on vacation. I have always wanted a convertible, and living in Austin, we have the perfect weather for it, seeing as we really only have about 2 weeks of winter here. It is such a blast to leave work, put the top down and take the long way home. I get lots of comments on how 'cute' it is compared to the standard 4 door model.

Fun car to drive
By Blake on 09/29/07 08:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car when I transferred to L.A. and couldn't be happier. It is fun to drive, great retro look and has excellent pickup. I looked at several convertibles and found the Cruiser to be the best value for the money. Has the weight and feel of the pricier convertibles - more car than the Miata. Bought the fully loaded model and got a better discount.

PT Convertible in Annapolis
By John K. on 11/11/06 05:51 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've put 30,000 miles on my PT convertible in 18 months and have yet to return to the dealer with problems. It's a fun car, but is very functional for a convertible. Four people can ride in comfort, you can flip the rear seats down for long cargo. The trunk lid is an issue, as you must nearly stand on your head to access the trunk. Love the car!

Chrysler GT PT Cruiser
By sumner baum on 09/13/06 14:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a fun car to drive with two exceptions: 1.With the turbo, it gets about 15.3 mpg in combined city/hgwy driving. 2.The turning radius is very large requiring back and forth motion. On the plus side, the car is very tight and the driver's seat can be adjusted very high making it very comfortable.

'06 PT Cruiser convert
By rpesti on 09/12/06 06:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I like this "little" car. Excellent seating (i'm 240 6ft) seat a little hard, may soften up. Could be softer like the sebring seats- it's a cruiser after all. Basically, all is well but the gas mileage. I'm not a leadfoot driver but i'm getting 17 mpg/city 22 highwy. Much different than what brochures say. Purch 6/06 1850mi at 9/06. Called both dealer and mfr & they say you know -these mileage estimates are done under certain conditions & everyone will get different mpg according to their driving habits Blah,blah,blah. Seems the engine is too small for the size of this car like it's under a load and straining i have the touring ed w/ turbo. I look forword for the v6 edtion!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.