Used 2001 Chrysler Concorde Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chrysler Concorde - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chrysler Concorde Sedan

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:

I must've been one of the lucky ones
By dbusterplus

2001 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've heard nothing but horrible things about the 2.7, yet I've never experienced nearly the amount of hardships anyone else seems to have with this engine. My wife (fiance at the time) bought this car in July '04 with 31k miles on it. It's been nothing short of a workhorse for us. Of course at around 50k miles, the check engine light came on, and looking around online, I found tons of reports of the dreaded engine sludge fiasco, but it seems mine was a later 2001 model that avoided this issue. The light turned out to be for an emission issue that didn't affect how well the car ran. Now, in 2013, nearing 150k miles, I still drive it 60 miles a day with minimal upkeep.

Favorite Features

Great reliability! Like I said, I could just be one of the lucky ones, but the only major thing I've had to do to this vehicle is replace the timing chain and water pump at 130k miles. Other than that, just basic upkeep. It still has a lot of get-up-and-go in it, and the sound system is still one of the better stock setups I've heard.

Suggested Improvements

I've always been a "don't fix what isn't broken" kind of guy.

freakin great ride!
By joe436

2001 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

My concord has 350,000 kilometers on her and she purrs like the first day she was purchased. regular fluid changes and minor undercarridge replacements, other than that, its very quick for a large car, best car I ever had, hope to make it to 500,000 ks at least.

Favorite Features

Engine and interior is my fave

Reliable so far, but likely not for long..
By iknowcars2

2001 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I'm driving this car as a hand-me-down with ~160k miles on it. It has no A/C, trunk lid hydrolics gone, weather stripping is falling completely off, two windows won't fully roll down, driver's side window has gone off-track twice, the front passenger door won't unlock without reaching over and unlocking it from inside, the auto-lock/unlock sounds hideous now, and the front passenger door speaker crackles (not from loud music, this car came from my sweet little grandmother.) The performance is acceptable for daily driving, but has unacceptable passing acceleration. About the only good thing I can say about this car is that it's definitely roomy and the seats are comfortable and durable.

Favorite Features

Comfy seats, huge trunk, nice leg room

Suggested Improvements

Everything else

LOVE and hate relationship
By the17thletr1

2001 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car in 03 with 67k miles in 07 120k 60k later timing chain went 130k all four struts needed to be replaced and the front hubs were shoot. Now a 167k the transmission axle on the passenger side is loose and and noisy. Father don't buy this car for your daughter's first car to take to college. Other minor issues are door windows move slow and the window control switches won't stay in place. When i bought the car it rode great and still looks great but every 30 thousand i have to put in the shop for a major repair i love the car but i don't think i would buy it again.

Favorite Features

looks great! inside and out. ride like a dream in the beginning, comfortable spacious interior,

Suggested Improvements

fix the engine and tranny problems. these are the things that make the car. looking good is not as important is being able to drive it worry free.

167,000 strong... good bang for the family sedan buck!
By dlong163

2001 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

The 3.2 liter models were superb to other offerings at the time. If you don't like the exterior design, add a spoiler, and voila! This car is reliable, has never failed me. I have kept with regular maintenance since I received it at 114,000 miles, and the previous owner kept it and recorded it as well. The only major problems I've encountered is the ABS pump failing (not a huge deal) and my frame was warped when I drove over an unmarked curb, causing a clunk I can't eliminate despite all new front suspension. I can't blame Chrysler for a business not marking their curbs. Overall, a great car. I've met owners with 250K on their daily drivers, I'm sure this one will make it!

Favorite Features

Premium amplified sound system, very roomy interior, built-in security system, very responsive maneuvering, protective plastic panels instead of steel underneath doors (prevents rusting), very reliable drivetrain, HUGE trunk, achieves an average MPG higher than EPA estimates of 20 combined MPG (22-24 MPG for my car) with mixed driving of 60% highway/40% city. Reached a best at 28 on a longer highway trip.

Suggested Improvements

Add a spoiler! Steering feels a little stiffer than other cars, quality of front two ways and tweeters could have been better (cones crack and distort easily), I suggest replacing the door speakers with three-ways if you own one of these cars, battery placement is poor, engine compartment layout could have been a little better overall, no steel anchors in the trunk for heavier duty tie-downs.