Used 1997 Chrysler Cirrus LXi Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Chrysler Cirrus - Consumer Reviews

1997 Chrysler Cirrus

View reviews for a specific Cirrus model:

Why buy Japanese?
By john herrmann

1997 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has been in the shop once in 11 years for a minor repair other than normal service. I have consistently gotton 28 to 30 mpg and it handles as well as most sports cars. I have driven everything with 4 to 18 wheels and cannot understand paying 30 to 45 thousand for bells and whistles when this car can still be purchased in the low 20's.

Favorite Features

Handling and gas mileage

171,000 miles and still going
By Mark in PA

1997 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

The car was purchased at 95,000 miles. I knew the person & needed something inexpensive. I you are the kind of person who will do oil changes every 3k-4k, transmission serviced every 30k, do the major overhaul/tune-up at 100,000 and again at 160,000 and not abuse the car over bumps/road, this car will last and last. At 171,000 miles now, its no luxury vehicle compared to what's on the road today but it is cheap to operate and and gets pretty good gas milage for a car built in 1997. If you are thinking of purchasing one with lower miles (if you can find one), I'd only purchase if you can be shown repair records. I figure this car will last till 200,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Great handling if equiped with quality tires.

Suggested Improvements

Very hard to work on the motor i.e. difficult to access removal/installation of parts.

Alright so far
By shunt

1997 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

Just bought this car and had to replace the ball joints, and needs brakes. I like the body style and interior. I am concerned with some of the reviews, I have never had a problem with any Chrysler's I have ever owned, hopefully this one won't disappoint me!

Favorite Features

Radio, spoiler, comfortable seats!

Suggested Improvements

None

Gets the job done.
By AAK181

1997 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

I like my car it gets me around, plenty of space moving back and forth from School, and its quick when it has to be. Performance wise its sound it holds up well in the city and on the highway. Maintance is a different story. My biggest complint behind the safety reports are the breaks, which need to be relpaced every year(front and rear). So it tends to be an expencive car, on top of the regular maintenance. Other then that its fine for a first car, but i can't recomend it.

Favorite Features

Looks great with a coat of wax. The CD player.

Suggested Improvements

Better safety standards, breaks, and its loud on the highway (don't bother whith the front cup holders use the ones in the back.)

Great car for the money
By MrG65

1997 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

Bought it new and have had virtually no problems (just brakes etc) in 100,000 miles. Very roomy and comfortable, no complaints.

Favorite Features

Spacious interior (back seat is roomy), also putting the back seat down provides a large storage space, larger than some pickups.

Suggested Improvements

Cant think of any