1997 Chrysler Cirrus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cirrus model:
Why buy Japanese?
By john herrmann on 11/12/07 06:03 AM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has been in the shop once in 11 years for a minor repair other than normal service. I have consistently gotton 28 to 30 mpg and it handles as well as most sports cars. I have driven everything with 4 to 18 wheels and cannot understand paying 30 to 45 thousand for bells and whistles when this car can still be purchased in the low 20's.

171,000 miles and still going
By Mark in PA on 11/10/07 17:12 PM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

The car was purchased at 95,000 miles. I knew the person & needed something inexpensive. I you are the kind of person who will do oil changes every 3k-4k, transmission serviced every 30k, do the major overhaul/tune-up at 100,000 and again at 160,000 and not abuse the car over bumps/road, this car will last and last. At 171,000 miles now, its no luxury vehicle compared to what's on the road today but it is cheap to operate and and gets pretty good gas milage for a car built in 1997. If you are thinking of purchasing one with lower miles (if you can find one), I'd only purchase if you can be shown repair records. I figure this car will last till 200,000 miles.

Alright so far
By shunt on 04/08/07 02:21 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

Just bought this car and had to replace the ball joints, and needs brakes. I like the body style and interior. I am concerned with some of the reviews, I have never had a problem with any Chrysler's I have ever owned, hopefully this one won't disappoint me!

Gets the job done.
By AAK181 on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

I like my car it gets me around, plenty of space moving back and forth from School, and its quick when it has to be. Performance wise its sound it holds up well in the city and on the highway. Maintance is a different story. My biggest complint behind the safety reports are the breaks, which need to be relpaced every year(front and rear). So it tends to be an expencive car, on top of the regular maintenance. Other then that its fine for a first car, but i can't recomend it.

Great car for the money
By MrG65 on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

Bought it new and have had virtually no problems (just brakes etc) in 100,000 miles. Very roomy and comfortable, no complaints.

Best car we've owned!
By bob 2.0 on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

The Cirrus LXI has been one of the nicest cars we've ever owned. We've had relatively few problems with it, other than a few quirky issues around 50k. (the cruise control and the keyless entry had to be "reset" by the dealer). As I recall, we also had to have the water pump replaced, which seems to be a common problem.

As good as it gets!!!!!!
By bryboman on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

This has been by far the best Chrysler product I have driven. I purchased the car with 43 miles on it, as a leftover, and have driven it a trouble free 143,000 miles. My only complaint is the seat travel, you feel alittle too close to the dashboard, and with the great room in the back, alittle more travel would have been nicer. Now, at 143K, the car is beginning the old nickle and diming. Radio is getting flakey, bushing and suspension parts need replacing. But after 143K, can I complain? Hell no!

Dont buy this car!!!
By reneb on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

3 Recalls. over 1,000 dollars per year just to fix the tires,breaks, a/c, misc. every year it is something else. And Ive finally had it. Trading in for a better car. Never going for a Chrysler again!!

great to own
By beth smith on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

chrsyler cirus lxi black with gold trim - great to look at- leather seats- nice and soft - great looking wheels -

my opion
By ken robertson on 03/15/02 05:25 AM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

kick to drive, go for the six cylinder