2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Review: So far so good

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Review

LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

So far so good

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My 2005 TrailBlazer EXT LT has almost everything I could ask for. With 600 miles on it everything is tight and working as it should. Based on a less than perfect experience with my last vehicle (2002 Blazer) I hope the not to report back that things have fallen apart in a year or so. I really like the ride and handling. Cabin space is much better than the 4Runner I was looking at, amenities are more affordable (at least up front, resale value is another thing). I didn't get the sunroof, it gives me an extra inch of head room but getting it out meant I had to get the DVD player (not needed but my daughter loves it). All in all it is a VERY nice ride every day, I am impressed.

V-8 w/ locking differential. Acceleration is very smooth, highway passing and hills are effortless. The power gives a lot of confidence and control without revving it. The sound system is nice but I doubt I will subscribe to XM after the 3 month trial is over. Side air bags are nice safety.

I would like the middle seats to be adjustable front to back. They easily tip forward to get at the 3rd row and fold down. Sliding back a little would be great for 2nd row seating when the 3rd row is not used (most of the time). Larger tires (255x65x17 or 265x65x17) would be nice (this summer).