Used 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Most Helpful|
Service is Lousy & Lots of Minor Defects
By FAS515

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Love the truck. However, constant "minor" problems need service. Dealer service is sub-par and they never give loaner vehicles. For a $45,000 truck it should be given. Chevy calls minor defects "normal". Water in the front lens, "normal". Loud buzzing from fuel pump "normal". Steering vibration "normal". Water leak in front passenger side of vehicle checked twice. Buy Infiniti/Lexus/Acura.They'll treat you with respect. If/when you need service for Imports new loaners are provided. Also much better quality than Chevy & about the same price. Don't fall for "Buy American Crap" that's Big 3's hook & rationalization for poor quality & insults every American.

Favorite Features

nice looking truck! rides & handle nice when everything is working.

Suggested Improvements

IMPROVE QUALITY & SERVICE. CHEVY'S SERVICE DEPARTMENTS GENERALLY TREAT YOU LIKE A DEADBEAT EVEN IF YOU BOUGHT A $45,000 VEHICLE.

power windows Tahoe 2003 cost
By W Brooks

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The care was never the greatest car but it is paid for and who wants to go through the hassle of buying another one. I just can't believe that it cost me $477.00 to replace ONE rear window automatic window on the 2003 Tahoe. Just before this, out of the clear blue, the driver's seat seatback broke and that was another $368.00. Just hoping the economy will get better soon so I can afford to get rid of this money pit. No wonder GM is going under. Who wants a vehicle that even after you pay it off you are still paying the big bucks for the little things you expect to last. I call this Tahoe my Yugo. Now the windshield washer reservoir has gone out..probably another $300.00. Never ends....

Favorite Features

At least the Bose speakers are still working.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the little things where they will last! $477 a pop to repair auto windows? Far too much to spend on an old car.

dont make the same mistake I did!
By cokbiter

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

On the 6th day of ownership of my tahoe..the compresser to the a/c locked up. And the exact part that caused the problem was not cover under chevys "bumper to bumper" warranty, so i had to shell out $296 to fix the air! On the day I was suppost to pick it up the dealership called me in the morning and said it was ready. So I had my boss drop me off at the dealer. The mechanic blew the compresser at 10am and no one had contacted me to give me the heads up on keeping my rental! Can you belive that with simular equipment as the tahoe, the sequoia with the same milage has about $8000.00 more resale value over one year!

Favorite Features

if it had one, it would be the self distuct botton.

Suggested Improvements

see above

2nd SUV
By 2nd SUV

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the SUV new, and had some initial problems with the locks. It had to be taken to the dealership several times before they finally got the problem fixed. The front end wasn't aligned when I bought the SUV and it took two trips to get that properly aligned. At about 40000 miles, the speedometer quit working and the whole gauge unit had to be rebuilt. It now gets about 2 mpg less than when new. The only other repairs that have been needed is when my son literally drove it through a brick wall. It only had a couple of scratches and dents, and the exterior mirrors had to be replaced; but it was drivable and I made my son drive it until the garage got the parts to fix it.

Favorite Features

Room, lots of room. Before this SUV, including a Jeep Grand Cherokee, I needed a trailer to carry everything on a trip. Our first trip with the Tahoe, left me asking, "Is that it?"

Suggested Improvements

Add the 6.0L engine from the 2500HD to the Tahoe, needs more power.

Toy's toy
By toy

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Other than some minor repairs I have found it enjoyable to drive. Fuel economy doesnt exist in a vehicle this size. But it still lacks horsepower. I never liked that the truck is governed at 100 mph. But what the hey this isnt the autobaun. Truth be said this will be my last Chevy. There are better deals to be made.

Favorite Features

Bose stereo!

Suggested Improvements

Line of sight has been diminished in the last few years. Can't see to the rear when backing.