Used 2007 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

I really like it despite repairs.
By davecowdenjr

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my LTZ for a great price 4 years ago. Since then I've had to replace two rear end assemblies (one under Mechanical Breakdown Plan) and other was about 1500.00 all in. I did do a lot of towing but under 2000lbs. Had the battery problem early on; dealer fixed somehow. Also had a minor engine rebuild at 165K and have had an intermittent oil usage problem. Used to be 1 to 2 quarts every 7500 miles or so; seems more frequent now so I'm keeping track starting at 177K. Despite this I love the thing. Put a cold-air intake on at 53k; boosted mileage to 15.5/20.5 at reasonable highway speeds. Super comfortable and rides like a 747. Friends always want to take it anywhere we go.

Interior comfort and exterior looks. Massive cabin space

Upper dash made of what appears to be cheapest plastic possible as opposed to material used in my trade-in, a 2007 Tahoe. Bizarre. Essentially same vehicle. Turbo 6 or diesel option might be nice

2007 burban AMAZING REVIEW FOR HIGH MILEAGE
By themann258

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

i have 200,000 miles and shes still running like a champ.. NOt to mention pulling my 6,500 lb boat and trailer without any stress.. FOR anyone who is finding great prices on the suburbans,tahoes,yukons and escalades but they have the 150k miles and up club. go for it this truck will not let you down... GM always does best.. will be with me for another 200,000 k

xm leather onstar towing capabilitys truck frame

3rd row has to be pulled out but the 2015 model i heard is now fold down

oil consumption/transmission
By buddy77

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had issues with my 2007 Suburban using oil also. I bought it preowned. The documentation for my repair states: oil consumption issue J1307 15.30 (I assume this is a bulletin from GM). The work order states, replaced all 8 pistons and ring sets with new head gaskets, intake, exhaust, found 5 scored push rods and replaced etc. Basically the engine was rebuilt at 88M miles but it was covered under warranty. NOW I just had to have the transmission rebuilt at 112M miles. No warranty for that. As crazy as it sounds my dream truck was a Suburban. This is the first one I have owned. It is basically a new truck now so I hope it lasts until I pay it off!!!

Very Disappointed!
By travkelli

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I would check the forums on the Oil consumption of this vehicle before you ever buy one. We have to put in 4qts of oil in between oil changes of every 3k miles. Apparently there are hundreds of others that have been the same. Also had batterie life issues that was eventually worked out, but wasn't on the first attempt which was also frustrating. I will NEVER own a GM vehicle again.

My first vehicle with heated seats, adjustable pedals and remote start, which is very convenient. However, remote start will not work if any dash lights are on, like your engine oil light that seems to come on way to often.

Fix the oil consumption issue. Also, GM, not very many people agree that a qt/1000 miles is acceptable. Sounds like they don't want to fix the problem. Too many disappointed customers.

my suburban
By lilb9012

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 2500 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

i have a 2007 chevy suburban. i love it but it has to many problems. the drivers door now creaks. some how the dash board had a crack in it. the batterie dies a lot. i wish it had a little better gas milage. i dont drive it 24/7 i have drivin it a total of 10 times in 1 wk and and i used a total of 3/4ths of my tank. i get 11.5 miles to the gallon. and my speakers had to get replaced twice because they got blown out, i dont use the bass a lot and i dont blastthe music a lot but they just come and go..

the seats

BATTERIE LIFE, GAS MPG, THE BASS AND STERIO SYSTEM..... GET BOSE just like cadillac