2012 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Review: Hits the mark

2012 Chevrolet Sonic - Consumer Review

LTZ 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Hits the mark
By knobbytire on

2012 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I replaced a very troublesome Mazda 5 with a Sonic LTZ hatchback. I'm averaging right around 40 MPG, and once was getting 52 MPG and my worst fuel economy on a tank was 33 MPG. It handles nicely, is efficient on interior space and fits really well into a small garage. it's comfy enough that we packed the entire family in the car and made a 13 hour road trip. With 5000 miles on it, I've had no problems, and it doesn't even have any rattles. The Bluetooth and hands free is great, though I wish you could control an iPhone from the steering wheel.

Fuel economy. Bluetooth. Quiet. Handling is nice.

IPhone controls.
By shevet
on 05/09/14 14:56 PM (PDT)

Worst MPG ever. The Sonic sucks gas and I'm ready to get rid of it. 28mpg is the highest I've ever gotten. Engine light on all the time but can't find a problem. I believe there is a problem and it's affecting the gas milage. The MPG won't reset so I'm not sure what I'm getting but I'm putting gas in constantly and I drive very little. Bought the car with 1600 miles and now after 16 months the car is at 7700 miles. That should tell you something.