Used 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 3500HD model:

It changed my mind
By joe

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This truck was my first Chevy in almost 15 years. I was a ford guy 100% till I actually put one of these to work. We camp a lot and we tow a Keystone Raptor 3612ds. This is a HUGE toy hauler!! I cant compare it to my ford as it was a 2002. But the Duramax/Alison match is awesome. I tow that trailer up the steepest hills in AZ at 55 MPH and the truck doesn't even break a sweat. My lease is up in January on this truck and I will be getting another. It has held its value very well and I have not had one problem with the build quality. I has gone back to the dealer for one minor recall and service. That's is no broken anything! I am a Chevy guy now

Favorite Features

Living in Arizona you cant beat the remote start.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger stock tires.

Not what I expected
By Dan

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

A very strong tow vehicle and decent appearance.. but that is about it. The interior is very cheap with rattles since the first month of ownership. The blind spots are terrible. I average 11 MPG loaded or empty. As far as towing ability, no problem. As far as build quality... it's not what you would expect for a 48K truck. My F-350 was far more roomy and comfortable. Also the base tires are too small for the truck. The tail gate is flimsy.

Favorite Features

The cold weather starting is great. The engine is very quiet. It tows very well.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior materials. Larger tires. LED tail lights. The cloth material is about as this as a Kleenex.. not what you would expect for a HD truck. The factory radio sounds like a clock radio.