No:1 truck to buy
By homealone069 on
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)
I have a 2006 Silverado Pickup,2500 HD 4x4.I've owned chevy's most of my life,because of the performance,and reliability.This truck from the first day going out hunting,going through scrub-oak,blazing new trails,climbing the sides of mountain's on the nastiest roads you ever want to imagine,going through water 3 feet deep,and it keeps on going.When I needed the power it was there,wether pulling a trailer up 6% grades in 6"s of mud,and it never quit.I've done all these things will my truck,and its still in great shape,and it has never been in the shop for any malfunctions.They just need to make the front bumper narrower,and raise the truck about 2"s higher.Thats the only change there shouldbe
Favorite Features
The pulling capabilities,are fantastic you set the cruze at 70 mph,and it will stay there at all times.The 3/4 ton will hold 3800 lbs.of weight without the front end coming off the ground,that's almost 2 ton's.The handling is fantastic,once you get a 4 wheel alignment,you will feel the difference.Just touch the steering wheel and it performs,plus the turning radious is great.From the turning lane you can make a u-turn,Ford has to back up inthe middle of the turn to continue on.The seating has plenty of leg room,and comfort,I'm 6'3"and I'm comfortable.
Suggested Improvements
Raise the 4x4's up 2",get rid of those girly bumpers in the front.If your in the woods going through heavy brush,and you have to back up.The black skirting on the bumper comes rite off.Let's build a truck,thats unbeatable.Dodge has the rite idea but there performance sucks.When your in the woods water can be 3' deep,rut's can be up to a foot deep or more,you have a great truck,with plenty of performance.Don't worry about height,the people will still get in and out.Put the fog lamps resest in the corners and the tow hooks on the chasy with the medal pan in the front,it will look cool,remember its a truck.Get it off the ground,same thing with the colorado,it looks like a girly oversized car.