2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Silverado 1500

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Review

Silverado 1500
By Paul Tyler on

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Comfortable, reliable and solid construction. This is the first vehicle I have ever owned that did not have a rattle or squeak somewhere at sometime. I am 65 years old and have owned a lot of vehicles in my life and the is at the top of my list as far as quality, comfort and performance. I purchased a 1966 442 with a 3.90 and 4 speed muncie in November of 1965 which I still own today. The 5.3 Silverado is the closest thing I have owned in performance to that excellent old 442. I do not care about the overhead cams, 3 and 4 valves per cylinder, etc. I love my Chevrolet Silverado.

5.3 (327 Cu In) V8 small block Chevrolet engine and standard 4 wheel disk brakes.

A lock on the tailgate. A simple key lock built into the tailgate release handle would be nice to prevent possible theft of the whole tailgate. A power lock operating with the power door locks would really be nice.