Used 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS SS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS - Consumer Reviews

SS 6.0L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed - (43 reviews )

Awesome SS
By MikeF

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck. It gives the feel and capability of a truck but the look of a high performance vehicle so head turning is always happening. It's a good professional looking business vehicle that you can throw your Harley in as well. Always getting compliments!

Heated seats, backup mirrors, XM, 20's, power

Driver entery seat sometimes doesn't go where it's supposed to. Slow speed turning is bad. Have fun on 3pt. turns. Gas mileage, but I didnt buy it for that anyway.

Good Truck
By John

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my truck since May 2003. I haven't had any problems except the throttle body had to be cleaned under warranty and the intermediate steering shaft had to be fixed under warranty. Otherwise this truck has been very fun and useful and totally reliable. I plan to keep it a long time! Gas consumption surprisingly good!

I like the 385 zlbs of torque. Good auto-climate control, comfortable seats, good paint, good build quality, seat heaters, good truck, looks good, no problems towing anything.

19 way BMW seats. Stock stereo a little lacking bass and features. Ride a little bumpy on certain freeway spots. Center front seat needed, power windows slow,

SS 4 Ya!
By saegc7

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Moving from an SUV to a man's vehicle was an easy choice, but finding out which one was the tough part. Nissan has reliability problems and Ford (fix or repair daily) was out of the question. The Toyota sat too high and wasn't wide enough. The Chevy had the power, looks, and "truckability" that I wanted. The power from the 6.0L HO V8 is phenomenal. Plenty in reserve when cruising @70 mph. The interior is great with everything ergonomically in place. The climate controls are easy to operate and keep the cabin confortable. The Bose sound system is awesome especially when coupled with the optional XM radio. AWD is a boon when in rain or snow. Get 'em while they last! You won't be disappointed!!

Aggressive styling, mean headlight looks, power, heated seats with lumbar and side support, 6 disc in-dash CD changer, XM radio, 20" wheels, unique exhaust note. The looks I get when I blast past those Dodge Hemi owners trying to figure out what just smoked them!

A chip to remove the top speed limiter and a sunroof would have been nice, but that is subjective. Chevy got it right with this one.

Love My SS
By Armando Pagan

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I am on the road in my truck an average of 4 hours a day. I am a very hard driver and the truck has been at wide open throttle since the day it left the dealership. There is now 53000 miles on my truck and I am extremely impressed by the way the truck is holding up. I have had many vehicles that had to be discarded becuase of my driving habits. This one is a keeper!

Quiet, comfortable ride that has the secrurity of AWD in a truck that actually has great perfomance. Too bad they went to 2WD in 2006. I would buy another one in six months if they were still AWD.

Need the AWD model back 2006.

The Caddilac of Trucks
By ONYXsilveradoSS

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck rocks. Some minor problems but fixes make the truck better. Chevy de-tuned this one big time and there is performance left to be had...faster. Love this truck, better than a Ford in build quality.

Powerful motor style, black and cool

Transmission, upgraded supercharger, LS2 Alum engine 5 link rear