1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 Blazer model:
Great reliability
By FoxTrota on 11/25/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

My honest review: This car has been in my family since new, father suggested it for my grandma cause she likes trucks. Currently at 107k miles, she gave it to me in the fall of 2007 when it had 60k, since then it has been a really great truck, i love it so much i dump a lot of money into keeping it like operating like new, i changed things if i felt like it could possibly break. The rust is the only huge complaint on this vehicle, i had to replace the both front fenders and the fuel tank due to corrosion. but other than the fuel tank this truck will out last others if you just do simple maintenance, and buy from someone who didn't beat it, and even then if they did it will still keep going..

Bang.
By Pod on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

This blazer was the first car i ever bought with my own money. I think I gave the guy $500 for it and he wanted around $700 but i talked him down. When I first got the car, it had all kinds of problems that I wasn't able to pick up on when me and my dad took it for a test drive. The rear brakes weren't working, the pittman arms and idler arms were both shot. There was (and still is) a major vacuum leak, so it doesn't idle like it should and the air conditioning/ vents on the dash don't work. the service engine soon light has been flashing at me since i bought it, it's best just to say it was a bad idea to buy this car. six months and $1500 later the car runs like a beast. great starter car.

These things are troopers
By Hannah on 05/04/10 06:23 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

My blazer was my first vehicle and I put that thing through so much. It will drive through just about anything and the 4WD is great for Wisconsin. I've taken it through rain, snow, cornfields, and just about anything you can imagine. It drives great and I definitely love my blazer, the only downside is the gas mileage. Other than that I wouldn't change a single thing on my blazer.

Blazin' on
By HJKie on 07/20/09 15:50 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Sport 2dr SUV

I special ordered my Blaxer in 1989 but it took awhile to get it and it was titled as a 1991. I ordered it with the two wheel drive with 3:42 axle and positraction. 5 spd. manual with the transmission cooler and a two door with single glass rear quarter windows. It is white with the tan leather interior and has the egg crate style wheels. It also has the digital liquid crystal display and the sun roof. I put 300,000 miles on it and gave it to my step son and he continues to drive it every day without any major issues. It is near 350,000miles now. It came from the factory with a GMC Grille and red racing stripes for (?) so I had to do a bit of "customizing" to make it more apealing to me.

still a runner!
By still a runner on 04/03/09 21:27 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV 2dr SUV

Have had my blazer for three years and have been waiting to put a 305 in it but the 4.3 just wont die! 223000 miles and still will start as soon as you touch the key!needs a paint job but has a good body. Put it through hell and it still lives.keep oil in them and they will last for ever!

1991 blazer
By calvin on 03/20/09 22:59 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 2dr SUV 4WD

im sixteen and got my blazer for my birthday i loved it the minute i seen it and it runs great the people that we bought it off of had all the original receipts from the day they bought it brand new in 96 and its never had major problems just brakes getting changed and oil changes so i know that it is a good running vehicle and its a lot of fun on trails and in the mud i love it and wouldnt trade it for a brand new 2009 suv or truck.

1991 chevy s10 blazer 2dr 4x4 tahoe
By bmxkid on 03/18/09 23:32 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 2dr SUV 4WD

I got my Chevy s10 Blazer for my 16th birthday and I haven't had any problems with it the people that I bought it from had all of the original receipts from parts that they had put on they never had anything Major wrong with it just new brakes and oil changes just like any other car I have found that the suv is very fun to drive and comfortable I wouldn't trade it for the world

Great Car
By Jamal on 02/13/07 19:41 PM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had this car for 16 years, it has 120,000 miles and I admit it was not as well cared for as it should have been, but I still had no major problems. The car is very well styled, well built,and very reliable. I highly recomend it as the best car in its price range.

Keeps going and going
By AZ on 08/02/06 17:06 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

April 1990 I treated myself to college grad present of a 1991 4 dr S10 4WD Tahoe Sport loaded by the dealer and on the rotating display. Hauled it to AZ and received many turning heads. I keep her clean and maintained and have just passed 120K miles. Drivers seat needs a little padding and there are a few more odd noises, but almost every weekend I climb up a 6000ft hill sometimes with a trailer.

One of the best
By ferrari2594 on 09/26/05 19:07 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

I own a 1991 Chevy Blazer 4WD for my high school truck, I turned 16 about 7 months ago and I love this truck! Super reliable, great gas mileage. Me and my buddy drove from Binghamton New York to Norfolk Virginia on a full tank of gas, we didnt stop for gas once! Great styling, I think these trucks have great lines to them. All around one of the best trucks Chevy has ever made no doubt.