2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Practical Coupe
By jctuning on 07/15/12 19:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very practical. Large trunk, has great fuel economy. Sat in the back for 200 miles down to South Dakota and it was very comfortable. Wish I had the leather seat option though. Front wheel drive is great in the winter. Throw on some Conti Pro Contacts and I can go through 9 inches of snow with no problems on the unplowed roads. I do all my own matinence since I work at a shop which helps keep my costs down.

'06 Monte-Best of a Tradition
By Alan on 05/22/10 03:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The only problem with my Monte, is that I should have bought the SS. I have had my Monte for 4 years, and to date, it has been bullet proof. The only problems have been a stale odor from the AC, and some earlier remote key issues. It has 44,000 miles on it, and I have changed my oil every 3,000 miles, and recently switched to Mobil One, and installed a K&N air filter. The brakes are original, and have over 50% remaining. My Monte is a glossy black, with fabric seats (should have been leather), that are too light in color, and show dirt. It is sporty, and can get out of its own way, even with the 3.5 L engine. I have 44,000 miles, and plan to keep my car indefinitely.

06 monte carlo
By ross88 on 04/27/10 06:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i have had this car for a little over a year. i have pimped it out alittle put some 20's on it 1600waz stereo system in it and a little more i love it good power for a 3.5 i have been reading some of the reviews and some of the people have had power steering problems i have had that to. it is the power steering cooler line it rumbs on the exhaust and gets a hole i berned two pumps up because i couldnt fine the leek. there is recall on all of them. GM didnt use there brain on that one! other than that the car has been ok! i wish i got the SS i like a little speed! the 3.5 is pretty good big gas saver 30 miles to gallon. they are a really good car and looks great GM BRING BACK THE MONTE CARLO!

Monte
By Jimmy on 10/12/08 03:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Since I've had my Monte I have been going on a lot of road trips and have put a lot of miles on it. I have driven it across various states, into Canada, through snowy mountain passes, and this car has always gotten me from A to B flawlessly! I realized that I like front wheel drive when I was driving on snowy roads (you dont fishtail or lose control as easy as rear wheel) This is a good road tripping car. Though I did wake up one morning, started the car, and realized that some how the power steering pump went out overnight, being under warranty, the dealer took care of it quick. Other then that I believe this car is dependable, I have definitely put it through the test and it passed.

2006 2LT Monte Carlo
By 2LT on 09/18/06 07:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am very disappointed with my 2006 Monte Carlo purchase. The car is very uncomfortable, and the interior is very plain. My previous car was a 1998 Monte Carlo, and the interior in that model is much more elegant, and the seats were comfortable, unlike the 2006 model. I would never buy another Monte Carlo again, or a Chevy. There is much more I do not like about the car, but itÂ’s too much to type.

So many problems
By James on 08/25/06 13:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I got the car new in June of 2006 from a dealer my father works at. I love this car. It is my second Monte Carlo, but I have to be honest this new one has had a lot of problems. The car throws out black smoke out of the exhaust (the dealers can't figure out why even after 4 visits) The driver seat stopped working and the A/C unit only works half of the time. A replacement unit has been on order for a month. This is my 4th new Chevy and I have never had one with the list of problems this one has had. I would recommend the car if it all the problems were fixed, but until then, wait for the 2007 so hopefully the problems will be solved

2006 Monte Carlo Nice ride
By John E. on 06/13/06 19:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car rides very smooth. Handles easy. Impressed with the gas mileage that we get around town. Lots of trunk space. Plenty of room to move around inside the car.

Second guessing
By bryan2006 on 05/24/06 18:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I really liked my car for the first 3000 miles or so but it suddenly became sluggish, I now find myself competing with 4 cylinder engines with a slight tapping sound under the hood while at a stand still. Also a quart of oil has been burned now at 3500 miles. I am really aggravated by how much a car can change over so few miles. Reminds me of that freind that stabbed you in the back. My 2001 Acura was much more potent than this vehicle with less horsepower and displacement and more weight. Please explain this one. Gas mileage also stinks on this new car. I went from a 2004 Chevy Colorado with the 3.5 litre 5cyl to this one. Truly disappointed and thought it would be better!

Built in Oshawa CA-JD Powers Plant Award
By very proud driver on 04/19/06 18:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Built by proud Canadians - JD Powers award for the plant that built my car - very cool! Interior and exterior of car turns my friend's heads - wow very cool car. Recent trip on expressway at 67 mph on cruise - got 35.1 mpg - way above the 31 mpg rating for the 3.5 V-6 engine in my Monte Carlo LT model - great job Chev - way better than my Olds Cutlass Supreme LS. Onstar and XM features are great - only have 500 miles in 6 weeks but this is obviously a keeper

New Monte Carlo
By Knights man on 04/05/06 08:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my new black Monte LT and so far really like it. It now has 5,000 miles on the clock and the engine feels like it has loosened up a bit giving me better mileage and power. I have got over 30 on the highway and usually 24-25 in town. This car handles too! I could wish for exterior door molding protection as I had to order that from Chevy parts and the floor shifter should have indicators like they used to. I also would prefer it if the rear spoiler was an option instead of std.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.