Used 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Practical Coupe
By jctuning

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very practical. Large trunk, has great fuel economy. Sat in the back for 200 miles down to South Dakota and it was very comfortable. Wish I had the leather seat option though. Front wheel drive is great in the winter. Throw on some Conti Pro Contacts and I can go through 9 inches of snow with no problems on the unplowed roads. I do all my own matinence since I work at a shop which helps keep my costs down.

The look on the guys faces who drive Mini-vans and Kia souls when I pull up next to them with the rumble from the Magnaflow muffler, and custom cold air intake combo.

Out of production but whatever, STICK SHIFT plain and simple. Better build quality on nickel and dime items like wheel bearings, tie rods, EVAP canister, water pump, brakes, and a few other parts. Not a problem to replace since I am a mechanic but it can really add up if you are unable to perform the repairs yourself.

'06 Monte-Best of a Tradition
By Alan

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The only problem with my Monte, is that I should have bought the SS. I have had my Monte for 4 years, and to date, it has been bullet proof. The only problems have been a stale odor from the AC, and some earlier remote key issues. It has 44,000 miles on it, and I have changed my oil every 3,000 miles, and recently switched to Mobil One, and installed a K&N air filter. The brakes are original, and have over 50% remaining. My Monte is a glossy black, with fabric seats (should have been leather), that are too light in color, and show dirt. It is sporty, and can get out of its own way, even with the 3.5 L engine. I have 44,000 miles, and plan to keep my car indefinitely.

Style, engine, wheels, and comfort.

Stiffer suspension, dual exhausts, better paint quality.

06 monte carlo
By ross88

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i have had this car for a little over a year. i have pimped it out alittle put some 20's on it 1600waz stereo system in it and a little more i love it good power for a 3.5 i have been reading some of the reviews and some of the people have had power steering problems i have had that to. it is the power steering cooler line it rumbs on the exhaust and gets a hole i berned two pumps up because i couldnt fine the leek. there is recall on all of them. GM didnt use there brain on that one! other than that the car has been ok! i wish i got the SS i like a little speed! the 3.5 is pretty good big gas saver 30 miles to gallon. they are a really good car and looks great GM BRING BACK THE MONTE CARLO!

LOOKS GOOD NICE ROOM GOOD ON GAS

TO MANY PEOPLE HAVE HAD POWER STEERING PROBLEMS!!! BRING BACK THE MONTE CARLO

Monte
By Jimmy

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Since I've had my Monte I have been going on a lot of road trips and have put a lot of miles on it. I have driven it across various states, into Canada, through snowy mountain passes, and this car has always gotten me from A to B flawlessly! I realized that I like front wheel drive when I was driving on snowy roads (you dont fishtail or lose control as easy as rear wheel) This is a good road tripping car. Though I did wake up one morning, started the car, and realized that some how the power steering pump went out overnight, being under warranty, the dealer took care of it quick. Other then that I believe this car is dependable, I have definitely put it through the test and it passed.

Ipod jack, heated seats, information center, dual exhaust (nice rumble), powerful V-6, tire pressure sensor (though its a pain to set) comfortable ride, digital compass, fold down back seats, roomy trunk.

I do wish this model had the classic Monte carlo symbol somewhere on the car, Impala still has its symbol, why can't Monte?

2006 2LT Monte Carlo
By 2LT

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am very disappointed with my 2006 Monte Carlo purchase. The car is very uncomfortable, and the interior is very plain. My previous car was a 1998 Monte Carlo, and the interior in that model is much more elegant, and the seats were comfortable, unlike the 2006 model. I would never buy another Monte Carlo again, or a Chevy. There is much more I do not like about the car, but itís too much to type.

None