Must Have a MONTE!
By LOVE MONTE SS on
2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)
Every Monte Carlo SS I own I get looks! I bought it used with about 62K and am now at about 114K. I have a lead foot! I haven't yet had any problems with my brake system. I did have my 4th gear (overdrive) go out on me. I've had to replace the Cat. Converter twice. Am being told by a family member that Chevy didn't build the exhaust system big enough for the bigger engines (and the way I drive). But if I blow one a year they are still covered under warranty! My fog lights don't work, never had a problem with seats, window motor was replaced, normal maintenance stuff done, oh leather pulled away from side air bag.
Favorite Features
I love the sporty look of the car and that it's a larger car that I feel safe in! Love heated seats and sun roof! Love the dark tinted windows I bought it with! Would you believe I fit a kids power wheel jeep in the front passenger seat?! I love this car!! I can fit a lot in it!
Suggested Improvements
Larger Exhaust system for the larger engine PLEASE!! Not sure what to do about the leather pulling away from the side air bag... drives me insane! Dealership tried to glue it.. duh! It pulls away again and again!