2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Oh, Geezzzz
By Suzcrew on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Oh, geezz...this car was a dream when I bought it new! It is fast and furious. When a 4 year old stops you at a gas station and tells you your car is cool and you aren't driving a fire truck...you know you are sporting a good looking ride. Since the warranty ran out I have had a few problems. Signal lights work when they want to. Which is very dangerous! Steering wheel controls don't work sometimes, transmission is slipping and a seal leaking. Very costly repairs at 40,000 miles!! Was hoping to get more out of this good looking car.

back in black
By dallas isbell on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love my car.the only thing is the gas mileage.that wouldn't be a problem if the gas prices were reasonable.nice riding car.

Not displeased
By tonyk on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Been driving for over 3 years. Driven quite aggressively, but the car has held up remarkably well. The engine works just like it was new. No major mechanical problems. Did have some problems with the side airbag on the leather seat, but it was fixed under warranty. I average 30 miles per gallon despite really hammering the throttle. I plan to keep this car until it dies. There is something to be said for the nice low-tech 3.8 liter pushrod. May not have the power of the Japanese DOHC's, but darn, its so reliable and efficient.

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!
By montegirl on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love everything about this car, from the body style to the engine. After owning this car for 3 years I still enjoy driving it. I own the metallic jade green SS 2 dr model, and never want to part with it. This car is fun to drive and with the sunroof open and Michael Jackson on the radio, there is no greater joy!

Very Pleased!
By Char li on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

So far I have been very pleased with my 2001 Monte Carlo I bought a year ago. Its a nice ride,good on gas on the highway.

Somewhat Satisfied
By --Andy on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My Monte has been mostly a great experiance. If you own it, keep it clean inside & out because you will get alot of people noticing it! Brakes - Great - I'm on the original set @ 50K. Power - NICE. Never ashamed to drive this car. Only problem has been electrical with gas gauge not working. Turn signals were also a problem, but resolved by replacing 4-way switch. Also low tire pressure - once on, it stays on. Have to reset by removing batt for 15 minutes.

Love the style
By Teeez on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Unfortunately, we have had some pricey problems with the mechanics of our vehicle. The rear main seal started leaking at 40000 miles and had to be replaced at a tune of $500. We have had to have several things fixed on it, which has cost roughly $2500.

Head gasket problem
By brianne on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a beautiful vehicle which is a pleasure to drive. I love it, and still do, but recently with only 43000 miles on this vehicle experienced a problem with the low coolant light coming on, and find out there is a head gasket that is bad and needs repair. This is very costly, and I do not think a vehicle of this age and mileage should be experiencing this sort of problem. Of course it is over warranty and GM is not having any problems, and it is possible the vehicle was abused. I have done nothing but baby this vehicle because I love it so much. Needless to say, it is repaired, but I would say buyer beware.

01 SS
By jrmatps on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My experience with my 01 SS has been, at best, mediocre. The car, black, still turns heads when it is clean. however, every scratch and bug splat shows. The 3800 powertrain provides spirited power. You must choose your stoplight drag races carefully- otherwise you will get burned. Worst insult was at the hands of a CHRYSLER 300-ugh!!!!!!!!

love it
By jayball on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is a blast to drive. Stock it has plenty of power and on top of that it has a huge aftermarket. The 3800 v6 has been proven time and time again over the years in the w-body platform.