1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Review: Best car I ever owned

1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Review

LS Coupe (3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Best car I ever owned
By honestabe48 on

1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I've had this car going on 15 years now, bought it when it was brand new in 1996. It has 119,000+ miles on it now and still runs like a champ. I've done minor maintanance on it that I think one should do on every car at 7-10years old. It has a new Alternator, starter, fuel pump, radiator hoses, thermostat and tires (factory tires lasted 10 years). The air conditioner did go out at about the 10 year mark so that is the only real MAJOR repair I have to do. Of course the usual thing with power windows happened and I had to replace the motor in the drivers side TWICE! I think general maintanance is key to survival of every car. I keep the oild changed twice a year.

Leather bucket seats very comfortable. This car burns NO OIL. 15 years old and not a drop of oil burns out of this baby. I guess keeping the oil changed every 6 months really helps. Great gas mileage in town to work and back at tops 24mpg in the spring/summer, drops to 21-22mpg in the winter due to me warming my car up sometimes before work. Plus it pays not to use fast food WINDOWS and go inside instead of waiting inline and burning fuel. I've had this baby tuned up only once and that after 100,000 miles. Really is best care I ever had or have seen on the road.

How can you improve excellence? You have to expect some repairs in 15 years. This has been the greatest value for what I paid $17,500 in 1996 over 15 years and still going.