Happy Birthday, Baby
By medinamalibu on
2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
My Maxx just turned six years old with 61k on the dial. I feel like I'm spoiling it with new tires so soon after replacing the battery, front brake rotors, and front ball joints. The DIC threw a "Power Steering" message the day the battery lost its cranking power, but not since. At five years, the driver's seat developed an amazing squeak, so I learned how to remove the seat and grease the mounts. I deemed one rear skylight shade a loss after a $130+ estimate for replacement, which I indirectly referenced in my three-year update. The Maxx is comfortable and maneuverable, and hasn't given me much of any trouble outside of wear items. Some of them are annoying, and some are rather expensive.
Favorite Features
I've listed them before, but feeling negative today.
Suggested Improvements
Electrical: *Stereo head unit and speakers should be better tuned to the vehicle. *"Check Gas Cap" message would be less annoying if it only appeared when I didn't properly fasten the gas cap. *Owner's manual should specify correct replacement lamps: front turn signal sockets overheat when standard lamps are installed. Interior: *Fold-flat rear seats would be an improvement. *Skylight and shades were a nice idea, but the execution was clumsy. Delete or re-imagine. Exterior: *Keyed entry to the front passenger door and hatch. There aren't any child door locks, are there? *Front right ball-joint should not require disconnection of exhaust pipe for removal of engine mount to remove LCA.