2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
Smooth ride
By WCS_in_SM on 07/22/09 18:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The 2006 HHR LT has a smooth ride and is comfortable for driver and passenger on long freeway trips. We have leather with electric driver seat. Seat heaters are nice in winter, even in So. Cal. Ours needed a $1,100 oil cooler repair at 70,000 miles. Stereo works well. Odd placement of cup holders and window controls.

A Blast to Drive
By Jake D on 05/26/09 14:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Recently bought my 2006 2LT and almost immediately took it on a 2,000 mile road trip. I highly recommend springing the extra $$$ for a LT w/sunroof. First, this vehicle is a blast to drive; it took the switchbacks of Yosemite 20 mph over the speed limit (yes, I'm bad) with no problem whatsoever. Fuel economy on the trip, which involve A LOT of mountain roads between CA and OR was 28.8mpg The negatives: I really don't mind the cup holders that others mention, but I do not like the type and quality of the materials used in the interior, pretty much all hard/cheap plastics, not worthy of this car. I'm also already having to take it in to have the brakes looked at. Love this vehicle though.

This is why I always end up with a GM
By CanadaEh? on 05/08/09 01:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned since June 2006. I drive approx 40,000km a year in an almost equal mix of city/highway and average about 8.1L/100KM or 28.9MPG which is fantastic. On the highway, cruise set to 110km/hr I get about 34MPG and consistently over 840km to a tank. The most I've seen is 890. My car is the top level 2LT with all available options except OnStar. The 2.4L is really smooth, don't feel any vibration at idle or at traffic lights. It has a great MP3 player with Pioneer sound that's loud and clear, and is so technologically advanced. The driver info center is all configurable and programmable to your language and tastes. Remote start is great! So are the very warm heated seats.

Update to "Great Vehicle"
By Justin on 05/04/09 13:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have now owned my HHR for 2 years and can provide an update. I am still very satisfied with the purchase. I get through my daily routine - and then some - without guzzling too much gas. I turn a few heads when the wheels are shined and the windows are down (which is always fun). One thing to note before I go on with my details: the American product is now AT LEAST as good as any foreign product. Take my HHR for example. Potential buyer, be advised... look at the reports!

Colorado Dutch
By Dutch on 04/27/09 21:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The hhr is wonderful on mpg ( 34 on road) 27 in town. Made several long trips. Ride is not the best a little stuff but road ability is fine. Space good for 4 adults and 5 good size bags. Interior is tight for a 230# 6-3 man. The auto is excellent for city driving easy parking turning and good space behind 2nd. Seat. It would be a wonderful car for mother conducting her duties. Not fancy but simple operations.

Zippity zoomer.
By Clyde on 04/22/09 21:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I sold my 2005 Ram to get this little cutie as I had seen them around town. I miss the big V-8 power and sound, but the little 4 has it's own punch. To date I have not spent 40.00 to fill it up. The Ram would hit nearly 100.00. I still don't get the one power drivers seat when the passenger should have a choice as well. Also the down low center cup holders are a bit inconvenient, but over all this is a pretty fun vehicle. Love the sun roof, and IPOD connection. Oh yeah, I hope they move the window buttons back to the doors where they belong, and also put lower door lock knobs to fit flush with the door. Runs good so far, and it feels lie a pretty tough engine.

Nice Little Fun Car
By Sean on 03/19/09 21:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

General Motors is getting a bad rap about their cars. The engines in the Cobalt and HHR are tried and true Ecotech motors. I have owned this car since it was new. I have put on tires and a brake job. I love this car, not one problem at all. This will match up well against most small imported cars very well. I am thinking of trading in next year for the SS model. Great little car and really fun to drive.

Unreliable
By Tommie on 03/19/09 13:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for a little over 2 years and have less than 60,000 miles on it and the power steering has gone out on it. I called GM and their response was that it was no longer under warranty and they were not responsible for it. They offered a50% discount on the almost $900 repair it would take to fix it and only gave me 90 days to fix it. Do not buy this car it is a piece of junk. The Sun roof broke at 37,000 miles, the in dash console broke at around the same time. It cost a lot of money on maintenance and is not worth your money, even GM won't stand behind this piece of junk!

water leaks, ignition problem
By jonny1507 on 03/09/09 09:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2006 HHR i purchased new. First was the water leak problem. after a hard rain, the driver side floor board floods. a seal on the firewall cracks. design flaw. they fixed it. Second was the shifter. a sensor broke that told the ignition the car was no longer in gear. as a result, the key would not turn to the off position. this happened 15000 miles past the warranty. 450.00 out of my pocket for a manufacture defect.

Ups and Downs
By trafficgoo on 02/25/09 15:30 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Well, the car was great to begin with until we started having problems. I've had the car 7 months now and I'm on my 3rd problem. Had a fuel pump problem, the rear door hatch stopped working so you couldn't get the hatch open. No key entry on the hatch itself, stupid idea, and now problems with the turn signals. I'm ready to dump it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.