2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
I love my car!
By Reg on 10/14/05 07:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It is a smooth ride. Everytime I see it I say "Wow, that is MY car!!" I never had a car that I loved to look at AND drive -- and could afford!

No More PT Cruiser
By Paul on 10/10/05 15:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my wife an LT HHR with the 2.4 Liter and Automatic Transmission 2 days ago, trading in her 2003 PT Cruiser Limited. I can't believe the difference in the 2 cars. Chrysler should be very worried. If more PT owners test drive this car, there will be too many PT's on the used car market to count. Don't get me wrong, we loved the PT, but the HHR is so much more refined. The first thing I noticed was the lack of road noise. We can hear the stereo and carry on a normal conversation at highway speed! Turning radius is great, it is so much easier to park. The transmission is smoother, and the engine is more powerful. This car is so fun to drive, I find myself finding reasons to drive it.

HHR - Won over my heart and my wallet
By SuzanneIN on 10/07/05 17:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Black HHR 2.4L 4CYL DOHC high output for a week and love it. I thought I would never own something that was not a 4WD until now. I went from 10MPG city to around 20MPG. I can't belive it. I purchased mine fully loaded, the chrome pkg makes heads turn. I have been very happy with the ride and the comfort. I took it shopping last night (for my family of 4) and because of the storage in the back had no problems. I would suggest going the extra mile and getting the entire "Perma-Plate" protection on the inside and out. I can not wait to take it to visit the family next month.....I should be a VERY nice ride!

Good Value for the Money
By john gorczynski on 10/07/05 09:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bigger than a Scion, more stylish than the PT Cruiser, this car gets looks from both teenagers and senior citizens. It is comfortable, practical, and drives quite nicely on the highway and back roads. More power would be nice, but for what it is, it is a good all around vehicle with excellent gas mileage. Good points: style, multiple airbags are a good idea, super radio for the money and fun to drive.....Bad points: thick windshield pillars make 10:00 and 2:00 visibility difficult, and low roof line makes tall drivers have to duck down to see traffic lights. I would buy another, and would feel my kids were well protected should they buy one.

Fun to Drive
By Pat on 10/07/05 08:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

In the quest to find a vehicle that suites both my husband and I we stumbled upon the HHR. Our original intention was to buy an Equinox or the like. The salesman suggested that we try the HHR. It was love at first drive. My husband is 6'2" and I am 5'3", we need a vehicle that can accomodate both of us. The HHR is perfect. It is one of the most comfortable cars I've ever driven. The ride is smooth and the electric steering is a breeze. We traded in our 2001 Montana and are happy campers with the HHR. Now if I can only get the hang of the shifter on the floor. I keep turning on the windsheild wipers! Small price to pay for such a fun ride. Thanks Chevrolet.

A lot of car, not a lot of money
By dogd923 on 10/06/05 19:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My Daytona blue HHR turns heads and gets a lot of attention. People love the looks, even though most people mistake it for a PT Cruiser. Interior is roomy and comfortable, even for a 300lb guy like me. The 4 cylinder still has plenty of zip, and the gas mileage is great. I love the car, but my only complaint is- everyone asks-"what does HHR stand for?" Most cars that use initials for a model name,the actual spelled out name is either on the car,or brochure,or,owners manual. Nowhere on my paperwork, owners manual,or anywhere, says what "HHR" means. But,I really love this car, with its retro looks, and modern technology.

Just drive it to believe it
By RKienhofer on 10/02/05 00:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Love it,j ust got it on 10/01 and can't believe the quiet ride, how tight it feels, and all the goodies it has for a small car at $20,000 bucks. Got the auto and 174 horses, all the power plus 30 mpg and the review on cornering, I didn't buy an Indy car.

Chevy did it Right!
By John on 10/01/05 09:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Chevy gets this one right - cool styling solid road feel & handling with great fit and finish for an American car. Drove 400+ miles to WinterGreen VA area after pickup - up & down the hills nicely, great gas mileage and turned heads all the way.

My HHR
By LISA LOOK on 10/01/05 02:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The HHR is a pleasure to drive and gets great gas mileage. ItÂ’s comfortable and I love the way you have a split shelf in back layer. Heavy items on bottom and the shelf to hold bags of groceries on top. It is a real eye catcher. Wherever we go someone is looking the car over and they like what they see. We get asked a lot of questions about it. We love it

HHR-Happy Hot Rod
By Karen on 10/01/05 01:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It has a good smooth, quiet ride with very little road noise compared to others I had driven. I have gotten as high as 33 miles per gal. on the highway. I would recommend this car to any new car buyers. It is a very classy car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.